The Storm

Prologue

There was a time when the sun used to beat down on the streets where little children played on their front yards. There laughter would echo throughout the streets bringing smiles to those around. Every day you would be greeted by the neighbours wishing you a good day at school or at work. Everybody knew everybody, no one would think twice about helping a neighbour out. You could walk out of your front door without a care in the world, not having to care what was in the shadows.

The summers were amazing; everyone would meet up in someone's back yard to have a barbeque, or a party. It didn't matter what it was everyone would laugh with the sun high in the sky, nobody had any fears.

Friends, family would get together; maybe even have a drink or two. They would laugh until the early hours of the morning. They would have the pool out for the younger ones to play, to live their childhood.

But that's just a thing of the past now, it's all changed.

People lived peacefully, of course it wasn't all happy days but for the most part nobody feared the future, everyone welcomed it. The only thing people were worried about was if their children were going to get into the colleges they wanted them to go to, or if they left the oven on. If only they knew what the future held.

The children, the neighbours, parties, laughter and the sun,

All gone.

The streets are now a deadly place to be, the shadows are the least of our worries, and it's what's lurking in the darkness of the night.

One storm destroyed the human race, it demolished most of humanity. Everything that we had built, everything that we once had has now vanished. 98% of the human race is now known as the creatures of the night, they're the evil that prowls around in the darkness waiting for their prey.

The days are darker now, there is little light. The dark storm clouds still suffocate the sun under its mass. There is now only a few hours a day of safety now, it has to be used wisely otherwise you will be the next victim of storm or lunch if you're lucky.

There are few humans who lived or weren't infected. When the storm came it brought something with it, some kind of virus which contaminated most of the population. It only took one small bite for it to cause mass destruction to our lives. It started in Texas and rapidly made its way around the whole world. The last place it touched was London then it spread throughout the United Kingdom. There is not one place that this virus hasn't touched.

The people we once knew are now slaves to the shadows, imprisoned by even a little light. When night falls they are out in there dozens looking for poor souls who are blinded by the darkness of the night.

For the rest who got away, they stay hidden, sticking to the light in the day but if not lucky enough to find shelter from the creatures they also have to stick to the shadows. The best way to stay safe is to lock yourself away, away from everything.

Many say that there is a cure for all of this, and now everybody is on the search for it, either to help their loved ones or to protect themselves. Still one thing remains about the human race; they still have their selfish streak. Not all of them but many just want to live for themselves. It's no longer all for one, one for all; it's now just me, myself and I.

Now many who are still human are looking for the cure, the only problem is no one knows where it is. It could be anywhere in the world with the creatures roaming the dark streets. Though some people aren't looking for a cure, they are just trying to survive. But you can only survive for so long before they seize you.

This is a race for the cure but that doesn't mean the strongest or the fittest people will win, no. Nor will people who are afraid and are too scared to take risks will win. It all comes down to the smart ones. You cannot fight these demons; you can only run for so long before they get you. The only way to win is to outsmart them.

Time is ticking, and there isn't much time left of the clock. Soon everyone will be dead, humans will become only but a myth.

The cure is the only way to escape this horror.

Or is it?

---------------------------------------

okay so heres my new story, its alot different from the last which is still not finished.

Please tell me if you think I should carry on by leaving feedback!

Sophie.xo