Chapter 3 - Trouble

"I-I-I didn't mean t-to sir. S-sorry sir." I stammered before bursting in to tears. I hate being in trouble, and have never had a detention.

The secratary came in to see if I was OK. "Go and get Sophie, shes great at cheering people up" she said to My Baker, who scurried of quickly. He returned a few minutes later with the same blond girl who had smiled at me before.

"Well I'll leave you girls alone, and here's you planner and timetable Clara. I'll see you here at break time." said a grumpy Mr Baker.

"Hi" I sniveled to the blond girl who was sitting next to me. "Are you new?" Sophie said. "Yeah" I grinned back shyly. "I'm Sophie, but you can call me Sophs" Sophs grinned back. "Soo, who are you". "I'm Clara" I mumbled quietly. "Cool! Are you in the same classes as me? Lets see your time table" Sophs replied.

I passed her my timetable miserably. I don't even know why I was upset. I could see Sophs was trying to be friendly, but I presumed that she was the popular one, and had loads of friends already.

"HEY, EARTH TO CLARA!" Sophs shouted at me. "Yeah, what?" I replied and I guessed it was something to do with timetable she was waving madly in the air. "We're in ALL the same classes!! Sophs screamed in my ear. "REALLY!!?? Wow! What have we got now? I tried to sound excited, because at least I'll have someone to walk with to next lesson. "Well theres about 15 minutes of maths left, but if you didn't get the start of Mr Snores lesson, there's no chance that you'll get the end. So shall we just go to the toilet, because well, lets just say your make ups err, well smudged." I looked at Soph and you could tell she was trying hard not to laugh. "Is it really that bad?" I laughed. "No comment! Come on lets go!"