Chapter 51

Now that it is time for my battle against Sawyer. Sawyer says, "It's time. I want to beat you. I've just gotta beat you and I will!"

"All right. Bring it on." I say. "This one's mine."

The battlefield this time is the forest, and my first Pokemon is Female Meowstic, while Sawyer sends out Slaking. I take the initiative with a Fake Out from Meowstic, which directly hits Slaking, but Slaking doesn't even flinch. Next, Ash tries a Psychic and Charge Beam, which hits Slaking. I continue by ordering a barrage of Stored Power and Charge Beam, but while Slaking appears to be taking damage, it's still not reacting like it's being hurt.

Sawyer then has his Slaking use Slack Off, restoring its health. No doubt about it. Sawyer's have something on its sleeves, so I've gotta beat him before he acts on it. I command a Shadow Ball followed by Charge Beam, and when they still appear to be having little effect, I have Meowstic use Stored Power once more. Upon seeing this, however, Sawyer yells out to Slaking to use Counter. With a hard-hitting punch, Slaking's fist intercepts Meowstic in the middle of his descent out of the air and sends her flying. Meowstic hits a tree and falls to the ground, unconscious and out of the battle.

"Meowstic! No!" I gasp in horror, then I smile, "So that's what you were after all along!"

"I always thought about using Slaking against Meowstic. I knew some of your Pokemon wouldn't have such an easy time if its opponent didn't defend."

"I'm impressed, you took my battling style and used it against me." I say while I send out Delphox as my second Pokemon.

Delphox goes for Psychic, but Slaking once again heals up with Slack Off. I know that Slaking's gotta be feeling Meowstic's attacks, so I have Delphox use Fire Blast. Sawyer tries to counter this with a Hammer Arm, but as Slaking stands to deliver its blow, its knee suddenly crumples and Delphox is able to push past Slaking's attack to connect with its own.

"Yes! use Focus Blast!" And the attack is able to knock out Slaking.

Sawyer then summons his second Pokémon, Clawitzer. Clawitzer starts chasing Delphox using Aqua Jet, Sawyer says, "I've been inspired by your ideas and trained hard to think in a different way."

"Awesome." I say as I have Delphox dodge with Psychic. When I order Delphox to close in, Sawyer counters with an Ice Beam that freezes part of Delphox. I respond by using Flame Charge to melt away the ice, and Sawyer quickly orders an Aqua Jet to intercept the incoming Delphox. When the steam from their collision clears, Delphox is lying on the ground.

With Delphox down, I decide to go back with Pikachu. I decide to have Pikachu use the forest to cover. Jumping quickly from tree to tree, Pikachu emerges to attack with Thunderbolt, but Clawitzer quickly dodges. Pikachu follows up with a Quick Attack, but Clawitzer dodges again. From midair, Clawitzer retaliates with an Ice Beam, but Pikachu manages to jump out of the way.

Now sailing through the air itself, Pikachu uses Electro Ball and Clawitzer quickly counters with Dragon Pulse, and the two attacks cancel each other out. Both Pokémon come crashing down to the ground, but both remain on their feet when the dust clears. When Sawyer orders Clawitzer to use Aqua Jet next, I send Pikachu back into the forest, where Clawitzer loses track of it.

Pikachu jumps out of a tree with Iron Tail, but to my surprise, Clawitzer clamps down on Pikachu's tail with its pincer. Sawyer directs Clawitzer to use Water Pulse, but before it can unleash its attack, I command an Electro Ball which forms directly inside Clawitzer's pincer, setting Pikachu free with the blast. Before Clawitzer can recover, Pikachu blasts it with a Thunderbolt, finishing it off.

"Ash, you never fail to surprise me every single time!" "Well, that was close, too close. It's because of Pikachu that we won. So what Pokemon are you going to use next?"