Chapter 416 - Terrorists

Tang Wulin was a good-looking boy. He had large sparkling eyes that roused the maternal instincts of the conductor. Shrek Academy is just awful! I can’t believe they would force a child like him through so much hardship.

“Don’t worry! This big sis will help you out,” the conductor said. “You need to visit ten cities right? Hm… How can I help you? There’s nothing I can do about finding opponents for you, but I do know that the security captains for train stations are all soul masters with mechas. The thing is just that their strengths vary. Hmm. The captain at Heaven Dou City’s train station should meet your criteria. Do you really have to fight him though? He’s an adult, and he’s really strong.”

Tang Wulin’s eyes lit up. If he could battle a suitable opponent as soon as he reached the train station, he would be able to save a lot of time!

“Alright! Sounds great! Please help me with that then, Big Sister!” He sighed in his heart. He was lucky to meet such a kindhearted person He had begun calling her ‘Big Sister’ to act cute. Only in the end did he truly mean it.

“Xiaohu, please go get some food for this little brother while I step out for a moment. He’s just so pitiful. He wasn’t even allowed to eat breakfast.”

Tang Wulin restrained his appetite in order to avoid scaring the conductor, but even so, he ate enough food to feed five people.

The smell of food… It’s… Tang Wulin lamented his weak willpower. However, the train only carried so much food on it.

“Wulin, I’ve already made the arrangements. The security captain at Heaven Dou City’s train station will be waiting for you. After you finish your battle, I’ll help you get a monthly train pass. With that pass, you'll be able to ride any train on the continent. And here. Take this money. You can use it to feed yourself during your journey.”

The conductor had only stepped out for a moment, yet she had already taken care of everything. It was clear that she had risen to the rank of a conductor through her own merit.

When Tang Wulin received twenty thousand credits from her, his heart burst with warmth.

She’s so kind!

At that moment, the communicator in the cabin crackled to life. “Conductor! Conductor! Please come to the fifth carriage immediately! Terrorists have hijacked it! Please hurry!”

A hijacking? The conductor looked dazed. Damn it! This is a disaster!

A few months ago, another hijacking had occurred in the western part of the continent. That incident resulted in the train exploding. Over five hundred casualties had been recorded. It was a tragedy that rocked the entire continent.

The conductor went deathly pale, yet she quickly regained her wits and spoke into the mic. “Attention all train attendants! Attention all train attendants! This is your conductor speaking. We have an emergency. Anyone with a weapon should head to the fifth carriage. Remain calm and do not alarm the passengers. Try to mitigate the disturbance.”

She rushed into her room and pulled out a key. She then opened a safe and took out a soul pistol.

“Wait here, Wulin. Don’t go in that direction.” After warning Tang Wulin, she ran out. Tang Wulin caught a glimpse of her face as she left. He could see the conviction blazing in her eyes.

The conductor was determined. She would do everything she could to protect the lives of the people on her train.

Tang Wulin called out to her as he ran to catch up. “Big Sis! I’m going with you.”

“You? No way. You’re just a child! What if you get hurt? What would I tell your parents?” the conductor came to a stop and pushed him back.

Tang Wulin smiled. “Big Sis, have you already forgotten? I’m a Shrek Academy student! And a three-ringed Soul Elder! Trust me! I can help you deal with them.”