Chapter 1: Over Frozen Yogurt

Birds chirped outside, welcoming the autumn season. The leaves had changed colors, going from shades of green to shades of red, orange, and yellow. The air outside felt crisp and cold, which was like the perfect weather to have a fire in the hearth. Leaves fell from the trees and created piles on the ground as children ran and played in the leaf piles. Meanwhile... "Daddy! Daddy! Wake up!!"

8:10 a.m. The sound of an alarm clock wasn't enough to wake him up. Yoko groaned and rolled out of bed, being met with two big blue eyes and a small white body. Cinnamoroll stood on his adopted father's stomach, smiling as he turned the alarm off. "Good morning, daddy! It's time for you to go to work!" he said happily.

"Mh... Cinni... It's my day off work... Remember? Our boss is out sick, as is the manager. So I've taken the chance to take you to get some frozen yogurt," Yoko responded as he yawned.

Sure, it was early in the morning, but it was the day off. Who cared? The little puppy's eyes lit up as he ran out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. He got a stool and climbed it, getting to the stove. His adopted father always made breakfast, but it was his turn to do him the favor. Cinnamoroll got pancake mix and more ingredients as he began prepping the batter. He mixed cracked eggs, which some got on the table and him, and whisked until it was fluffy and ready to be put on the frying pan. It sat over the stove, the fire on a warm temperature; just right. Now the batter was ready. Cinnamoroll began flapping his large ears, now flying over the stove as he poured spots of batter on the pan. He then grabbed a spatula and waited for the pancakes to be ready to be flipped.

Soon, he finished them. Cinnamoroll took the finished pancakes and put them on two plates, decorating his with fruit, whipped cream, and some syrup. He did something identical to his adopted father's plate of pancakes, drawing a fox with the syrup and using the whipped cream as the fluff inside the ears. The nose was a blueberry, as were the eyes. "Breakfast is ready!" Cinnamoroll called.

Yoko then walked into the kitchen, wearing a sleeveless cropped turtleneck with jeans and boots. "Daddy, it's cold outside. Are you sure this is a good thing to wear?" Cinnamoroll asked.

"No worries. I got a jacket for later. We'll eat breakfast, and then we can get some fro-yo when you're ready. Does that sound good?" Yoko responded.

"Yep, yep!"

The little puppy sat beside Yoko and dug into his pancakes, his cinnamon roll tail wagging. Yoko could never wrap his head around how Cinnamoroll made such good food. And he was used to making pastries, not breakfast! As the two finished eating, the little puppy was quick to leave and brush his teeth. Meanwhile, Yoko stayed seated as he took a hair tie, pulling his hair back into a ponytail. But then he stopped. "Hey, Cinni! Wanna braid my hair?" Yoko called.

"YAY!!!"

He ran back to the kitchen with a hair tie in his hand, having finished brushing his teeth. Cinnamoroll got on his trusty stool and took Yoko's long silver locks into his hands, beginning to split the chunks into 3 parts. He weaved the long chunks of hair, ending it with the hair tie. But it looked... bland. Suddenly, an idea popped into his little head. Cinnamoroll took some hair clips and began to decorate Yoko's braid, of course, with his permission. He wasn't going to work, so he didn't care what his adopted son did to his hair. "And done! How do you like it, Daddy?" he asked with a wholesome grin.

Yoko looked in a mirror at the braid as a smile spread across his face. There were many decorative hair clips, colorful barrettes, and vibrant hair extensions that looked like a seven-year-old did his hair. But did he mind? Nope. His tail began to sway. "I love it. Thank you. Now let's go get something sweet," he said, picking Cinnamoroll up.

The little puppy giggled as his tail wagged as well. As the two exited the house, Yoko closed and locked the door, getting into the car. Cinnamoroll crawled into the backseat, buckling up. "Where are we going if we want something sweet?" he asked.