Chapter 4: Break-In

(OCs Emmeline Hensboro, Holly, and Veronica Bella belong to UnfortunateLoser27 , Duskprincess89 , and UnfortunateUmbrella ; my three girlies)

The next day, early in the morning, there were six friends; Kasper Breytenbach, Silvian Delon, Lihua Potina, Caino Boffa, Giric Savea, and Emmeline Hensboro. The six of them sat in a diner and discussed things over eggs, pancakes, and sausage. The waiter then came by. "Hi, welcome to. Can I set you all up with some appetizers?" he asked.

Kasper's eyes sparkled as he nodded, but Silvian pushed the menus away, saying they weren't there to eat. The waiter looked at the friend group and blinked in confusion. "You realize that lunch is the most important meal of the day?" the waiter asked.

"I thought it was breakfast," Emmeline stated.

Caino and Giric rolled their eyes when she spoke. Lihua sneered. The waiter turned to her and nodded. "Thank you, but some people theorize that, but they could, of course, be wrong," he said.

Silvian groaned and pointed a finger at him. She had long acrylic nails and wore a fur coat, tight dress, and heels, and her red hair was pulled into a high ponytail with no uneven ends visible. "Are you trying to interview us or can we just talk between the six of us?" she snapped.

With a frown on his face, the waiter nodded and walked off, leaving the six friends to their private business. "Guys, have you heard of the old 80s food and entertainment joint that received a new security guard?" Kasper asked.

He wore a striped turtleneck with baggy denim jeans and boots. His hair was shaggy and black, almost covering his emerald-green eyes. "Oh, yeah. I think everyone's heard about him. I heard he's got a little kid that works in a cafe for money," Caino replied.

The others sneered. His wife must have died if he was raising a kid on his own. 

"You're not dressed for a burglary," Emmeline said, eyeing Silvian.

She scoffed and brushed her comment off. "This is why I shall not be joining the heist. I'm leaving you five to do it all," Silvian replied.

Emmeline groaned as Kasper opened the metallic door with a crowbar. And from there, the five of them began their heist. They broke machines, stole coins, ruined tables and chairs, and raided the prize counter. Kasper laughed as he took a disco ball toy while Giric, arms full of stolen coins, walked through the halls. But little did they know that there were seven pairs of eyes watching them from the darkness.

Kasper was tasked with raiding the kitchen and making a complete mess of it. But as he explored and messed shit up, he could hear something. And it was coming from the fridge. Kasper gulped and walked closer, hearing that his instincts were right; there was something heard. He went to the fridge and opened it, seeing a human with cat ears and a tail. His eyes were closed. He had wavy brown hair to his shoulders, a mustache, beard, and wore a tattered t-shirt, jeans, and skull Vans. "Aww, what a cute and harmless kitty," Kasper cooed.

That's when the cat's eyes opened. His eyes were a hazel brown with slit pupils. Kasper's eyes slowly widened as he looked again at the cat staring at him. Then, by some unknown force, the pans rattled. Kasper yelped and turned to look at them, arching an eyebrow as to why they moved. But when he looked at the fridge for the cat, he was gone. Then a click was heard. Standing behind the boy was a girl and the cat was being held by a leash. As if the girl let go, the cat lunged at Kasper, a scream being the last thing he could manage out.

As for Caino, He raided another part of the prize counter, throwing a chair at the glass. He then stopped when he could hear screaming. Walking over to a window that connected the room he was into the kitchen, he could see Kasper getting his face mauled on by a cat. The girl who held him slowly turned her head to look at him, sending shivers down her spine. She had dark dreadlocks and glasses with hazel eyes. "Kasper... Oh my God..." Caino breathed.