Protection From Negativity; A Guide

No one would wish for their sacred positive aura to be disturbed or stolen. Maintaining a joyful mindset is hard, especially when you do not know how to do that. Thankfully, there are lots of ways to keep being cheery and pass it to those around you.

  Firstly, it must be understood that the body and our space (a room, our house, a studio or workplace) is full of energy. We spend so much time in specific areas that get filled with the emotional package we carry. When an individual is constantly working or spending a lot of time in a room, it can get filled with the energy of their thoughts and emotions.

Apart from that, it can also be affected by someone entering our space. If a friend who visits you carries a loaded emotional package within them (some even think people can carry bad entities), it can affect your energetic aura. I once heard a story about a girl who had a friend come over. From the time she left the house, the girl would get sleep paralysis, awful nightmares and even harming thoughts.

As i mentioned earlier, the body carries energy as well. I am sure you all have noticed that sometimes, hanging out with some people can drain you and leave you feeling empty, sad, irritated and tired. That means they passed their exhausting energy onto you!  Be extra careful about the partners you choose. The constant physical contact you can share with a partner, is translated to constant energy sharing/exchanging. Especially if you do the deed, you are letting someone openly transfer their energy. I mean, how much closer can you get with someone?

That is why everyone needs to know how to cleanse and protect their space and body.

For your home, start by opening the windows and let some fresh air cleanse the space. Even if its cold outside. After feeling satisfied by that, close what was open and create a relaxing environment, maybe by lighting some candles and turning off the over head lighting. Desk lamps have done it for me honestly, they're so much more calmer and cozy when it comes to indoor lighting. After that, burn some sage while walking around the house. Incense and herbs work wonderfully. Choose an incense that's scented with a favourable scent (like sandalwood or vanilla). If you got some crystals around, place them with intention and do some affirmations for your new cleansed space. Some people like to use salt by placing it on the corners of the rooms they want to purify. If you try this one out, make sure the salt is placed on a clean corner.

The body has other ways of being cleansed. After a long day of work and socializing, what really makes things better is a relaxing shower. When it comes to cleansing the day or negativity off, it depends on my mood whether i use hot or cold water. There's not a rule to it, so do what works best for you! Imagine the water cleansing your body from everything that has been holding onto you during the day. Using body scrubs gives the feeling of scrubbing unwanted energy away. After a slow shower (even better if its a bath), wear some clean pyjamas and relax, meditate a little bit and definitely do your affirmations/ intention reset. Visualize the  clean energy in your body and the room. 

You can always protect your energy by simply acknowledging and knowing that other people's feelings are not yours. Empathizing with someone does not mean you have to feel their emotions too. Its hard to do so when you are a sensitive person, but practice is the key. Take a deep breath, then analyze your mood before you met the person, vs your mood after. Track what shifted your emotions. If a person becomes too draining, kindly tell them you need a break, for your own mental sake.

I used to have a friend that only conversed about the problems in her life, or would bring up the bad side of things, like, constantly. At first I did not care and I was happy to listen. Imagine though how hard it is to be an unpaid therapist with your own issues as well. When i talk about this, the most common answer is "if its a person whom you care about, its worth it". Prioritizing your own mental health for a start is, in my opinion, what is worth the most.

So in conclusion, set boundaries! Do not feel like a bad person to do so, your wellbeing is your most prized possession. Try to recommend a session with a therapist, maybe? It will help them more after all.