Preview

The Rank Series II is the prequel of PSO and Descended Wish.

Our eyes instantly met. 

“Hi.” Magiliw nyang bati kay Aria. 

But me, I’m crying —

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako umiiyak habang nakatingin sa babae. 

“Mara, are you okay?” Nag-aalalang tanong ni Aria sakin. “Bakit ka —”

“E.. excuse me.” At umalis ako. 

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako pupunta pero basta makaalis lang ako sa event hall. Until I found myself sa roof top ng TV station. 

Sky is dark and full of stars. It makes me feel a little better. 

Why she makes me cry?

I mean no judgment, that girl is credibly beautiful but. 

“I waited for you Mara.” 

Kinilabutan ako ng may narinig akong nagsalita sa likuran ko. 

I slowly turn around to face who she is..

A woman’s silhouette walking towards me. 

“I waited for a very long time because you promised me that you will come back.” She whispers through the wind. “But you didn’t.” At may kumikislap na kung ano sa leeg nya. “So I look for you myself.” 

And before I know it, The girl, the daughter of Mr. Vergara is standing right in front of me. 

“Si..sino ka?”

Pero yung luha ko hindi tumitigil. 

She smiles at me. “The mind may forget.” At may inabot sya sakin. Isang oyster mushroom. “But your heart doesn’t.”

And the moment I touches the oyster mushrooms — it take me back in the past that I forget. 

Simula sa pag dating ko sa bayan ng Walled City sa taong 1886, nang makilala ko si Elena at Sofia, ang mga pinagdaanan ko na kasama ang mga tao sa panahon na iyon, at kung pàano ko binigkas ang huling hiling ko bago bumalik sa mundo ko.

At nanghihina na napalumpasay ako sa sahig.

She is..

She kneels in front of me. “What was your last wish Mara?”

I look at her — oh my God. I couldn’t believe this. She is real and she’s breathing the same air as me. “You.”

At niyakap ko sya ng mahigpit. I cry like a three years old girl. 

This is the story that my mothers used to tell me every night before going to bed. 

And I like  it.