The First Day

Luz activates a light glyph and holds it between her, John, and Eda. She's being really nervous right now.

Luz: I-I'm not ready for this Eda. Maybe we should go back.

Eda: Nah, kid, you got this. Just do what we practice.

Luz: But what if... What if I mess something up? Or if something goes wrong? 

She gasps as her mind spirals a little.

Luz: What if I die?

John puts his hands on her shoulders. 

John: Luz, calm down. You've been through stuff more extreme than this, heck a couple days ago you got a giant monster to chase after you. 

Eda: What he said. I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled.

Luz: Eda!

Eda: Right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped.

Luz: Pumped!

Eda: Get ready.

Luz pulls up the hood up of the cloak she's wearing.

Luz: Ready!

Eda: Now, go!

She shoves Luz to start her entrance exam for Hexside. The curtains open and Luz jumps on stage.

Luz: From the humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise. I have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. I am...

She takes off the cloak with a twirl.

Luz: Luz Noceda!

As it turns out, the only person here to judge at the exam is principal Bump. Sitting in the front row with a clipboard in hand. Luz chuckles awkwardly and tosses confetti out of the fanny pack she decided to bring with her today.

Luz: Confetti!

Bump: Right. One of the humans that wants to be a witch. Against my better judgement, I've allowed you and your friend to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your... human parts?

Luz: I sure can. It's said that humans can't do magic, ...

She zips open the fanny pack and pulls out a couple pieces of paper. One with a light glyph, while the second is ice.

Luz: ... but I discovered a lost technique that changes everything.

Bump: Hmm?

Eda gives two thumps from backstage as a show of support. Luz activates the light glyph and lets the ball of light rise. She then moves the ice glyph under it and activates it for a small ice pillar to be under the light ball. She completes it with jazz hands.

Principal Bump: Spells cast with paper? I've never heard of such a thing. But is it enough to pass the exam?

Luz: Uhh...

Eda: Improvise.

Luz: Um, I can do other things, what about...

Luz stands up and flips her eyelids inside out, just like back at their school.

Luz: Bleep, bloop, bleep!

Though Bump isn't impressed in the slightest.

Luz: Ow, ow! Eyelash! Eyelash!

As her eye is in pain, she slips on the melted ice pillar and falls on her discarded cloak. As she gets up, she gets herself a bit tangled in it, and tries to free herself, but instead she falls off stage and onto Bump. She then rolls off of him.