Prologue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

'𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰
𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬
𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴.'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

charmed encounter
(1863)

   His eyes flickered open to be met with the sight of the clear, azure sky that was bereft of ominous clouds that usually lurked above the battlefield

   His eyes flickered open to be met with the sight of the clear, azure sky that was bereft of ominous clouds that usually lurked above the battlefield. The warm rays of the sunlight fell upon him, washing away the remnants of war. His bloodstained uniform had disappeared, replaced with a pristine garment.

   The soothing embrace of sunshine blanketed his skin, contrasting the harsh sting of gunpowder he endured while fighting on the battlefield.

   He could sense the absence of gunshots, screams, and chaos. The scent of corpses that once littered the ground was replaced with bright-colored flowers. His eyes widened with a blink and he finally allowed the breath trapped in his lungs, to escape with his chest heaving in relief.

   Peace permeated the air and the serene atmosphere engulfed him, providing him with an overwhelming sense of peace. The air around him was quiet; the only sound to be heard was the subtly whisper of swaying branches that created a melodic rhythm like a lullaby.

   As he grasped the soothing grass in his hands, he could not have to fathom his location. Yet he felt the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders. After taking in peaceful air, Damon rose from his recline in the lush meadow.