Guilty Pies & White Lies

Varian woke up in his bed down at Old Corona.

There was a wonderful smell drifting through the home.

"Dad?" He called, but no one answered, "Hello? Dad, you there?"

Running down the stairs frantically, Varian began to fear that his dream might've been real.

Until... there he was.

Varian beamed as he ran into the kitchen and hugged his father round the waist.

Quirin chuckled, "What's got you so excited?"

"Oh, nothing." Varian mused contentedly, "It's just the thrill of Christmas, Dad!"

Quirin smiled in an indiscernible way, ruffling the boy's hair, amused by his peppiness.

"What're you making?" Varian leaned up on the counter to look.

"Just some blueberry pie." Quirin sing-songed playfully, before turning and giving Varian a gentle grin, "Would you like to help me make it?"

Varian's eyes grew wide and he nodded enthusiastically.

He loved cooking with his Dad.

With his family.

A/N: And that's it! So... what do we think? 😈
Was it really all a dream, or was the truth too much for Varian and he reset once he was taken back to the care center??

I'd really appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time in reading this short story :)

I have an original version with original characters but I figured this story suited Varian and his dad :)

-Emma