Chapter 17: Fall

Seb's POV

We're going to a Halloween party, dressed up as Peter Pan and Hook. Carlos looks amazing. I kiss him and we leave for the party. We spend the night on the dance floor as soon as we get there, dancing close together. 

I pull Carlos onto the dance as soon as we get there. We sway back and forth to the beat of the music. It was so much fun. We get back to my dorm room. We curl up in my bed, cuddled up together. 

Thanksgiving Break 

We're going home for the first time since we left for college. We board our flight, heading back to Salt Lake. 

Our parents are waiting for us and we separate after a quick kiss. My parents drive me back to the farm where I greet my siblings who are excited to see me. My sisters snuggle with me. I snap a picture and send it to Carlos. 

C: that's so cute

They've fallen asleep now. 

S: they fell asleep

I send him another picture

C: they really missed you

S: I missed them too

C: aww

S: I miss you 

C: aww baby, I miss you too 

The next day, we hang out with our hometown friends. Ricky and Gina are still together as are Ash and Maddox.

Then Big Red seeks us out. 

"Hey guys," he says. "Can I tell you something?"

 "Of course," I say. 

"Do you remember Andy? The pretend french kid from North?" he asks. 

"Wait what? I thought he was an exchange student?" Carlos asks. 

"Turns out he's a method actor and was acting the whole time," he says. 

"Oh. So what's up?" I ask.

"We've been talking. And he likes me," he says. 

"Do you like him?" Carlos asks. 

"Yeah but- he lied, about who he is," he says. "But damn, I really like him." 

I don't know when we became the ones everyone goes to for advice but I don't mind it. 

"I say go for it with him if you really like him. Everyone deserves a second chance. I gave Seb a second chance and we're happier than ever," Carlos says. 

I smile and my eyes well with tears. 

"Aww Sebby sweetie. You're all choked up." 

Carlos pulls me close. 

"I love you," he says. 

"I love you too," I say. 

"I agree with Carlos. You should go for it," I say. 

"Thanks, guys," Big Red says. 

He hugs us and walks away. I turn to Carlos to find him staring at me.