Chapter-21 Retire and Story

Day 4

YN POV

I was heading to Class C camp after taking a nap. It is good for a walk also. On my way Ayanokoji Kiyotaka called me from behind.

Ayanokoji: "Is that you Ln."

I turn my back and spotted Ayanokoji coming towards me.

YN: "Your one and only."

Ayanokoji: "So where are you going?"

YN: "To Class C. Wanna join?"

Ayanokoji: "I was also going there."

I nodded. With that we headed towards the beach.

Yesterday, this place had been filled with raucous noise. Now it was a ghost town.

Ichinose: "Oh, wow, this is seriously a surprise! I knew he wasn't normal, but I didn't realize to what extent."

I heard voices behind me, as two other people arrived.

Kanzaki: "Did you come here to spy around too, Ayanokoji and LN?"

It was Ichinose and Kanzaki from Class B. 

YN: "I came here for a walk."

Ayanokoji: "While I came here to finding some food. And ended up here. I found LN was standing here."

Ichinose: "Even though it's the middle of the day, I think it's dangerous to be running around alone."

After hearing Ichinose's gentle warning, Ayanokoji nodded in agreement. While the two of them hid in the shade, they'd observed what kind of state Class C was in. As for why they were hiding, well, they had a reason.

Ichinose: "Oh wow, there's no one around anymore. It's just like you said, Kanzaki-Kun. Seems like their strategy was to retire."

Ichinose scratched her cheek and sighed in disappointment.

Ichinose: "We thought we could at least find out who Class C's leader was. Was it pointless, though? If they've all withdrawn, we won't be able to find any hints."

Kanzaki: "Didn't Class C already use up all of their points? Even if we found out who their leader is, doesn't that mean they won't get a penalty?"

Ichinose: "They said that we wouldn't see any negative effects during the second semester, so our points shouldn't be able to go below zero."

Ichinose pursed her lips, looking bored. All we could see in the former campsite was a big empty space. The only thing left was the tent the school had provided. There were some students left playing around in the water, but it was just a question of when they'd leave.

Ichinose: "I don't want to compliment a strategy where you use up all your points, but it's pretty amazing."

Kanzaki: "I think that it would be a good idea to see this exam through quietly and stick to a solid plan."