Chapter-15 Water And Ibuki

1ST DAY
YN POV

After the leader problem was solved.

Ike: "Okay, so we've resolved the problem of bathing and drinking water! Right?"

Ike's eyes sparked brilliantly as he dreamed of saving points.

Shinohara: "Huh? Drink from the river? Are you insane?"

Apparently, Ike intended to use this as an all-purpose river, but girls didn't agree to it. Actually, Ike was right, this water is clean, and it is safe to drink from it. But the girls did not appear to agree, glancing at the river in disgust.

Shinohara: "Well, it'd be great for swimming, but... to drink from?"

Ike: "What the heck? It's perfectly fine. The water's clean and pure, right?"

Shinohara: "Well, yeah. It certainly seems like youcan drink it, but..."

Shinohara tugged on Hirata's sleeve, asking her champion to defend them against Ike's frugality. Not only her but several uneasy girls gather around him to ask his advice. They shook their heads, as if signaling that such a thing is impossible.

Shinohara: "I don't think we can drink from that."

Ike: "Really? Look how inviting the water is. How it flows. It's like perfectly natural spring water!"

Ike was frustrated. Even though the water didn't look muddy or cloudy, the girls were not the only ones to hesitate. The boys also looked unsure.

Ike: "What the heck, you gu-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I jump from the tree and landed on the ground. Everybody look at me, but I just went near the river and started drinking it.

The water was good and clean. In a place like jungle or island this type of water is rare. Not only it is good, but it is cold also which is a relief in this summer monsoon.

As I was drinking everybody was looking at me in a worried eyes excluding Ike and Ayanokoji. I stood up and said.

YN: "The water is fresh."

Shinohara: "Ln-Kun is the water really good?"

YN: "If you have doubts then you could boil the water."

Shinohara: "Boil? We are not doing any chemical experiment here-"

YN: "I just came here to drink some water not to hear your stupid arguments. If you want, you could buy the water bottles or drink from here it is up to you guys. Just don't count me on."

Saying that I went to the tree branch and lay down.

Truth to be told I would have taken Ike's side in this matter. From his behavior and actions, I could guarantee say that he has camping skills. If Class D wants to win in this exam following Ike's lead would be a good plan. But it was easier said than done because of his reputation. Still now Shinohara and Ike were arguing. I just let my eyes close ignoring the argument.

Timeskip

Further away, 2 tents were setup next to each other. Shinohara and the girls had decided that they would occupy both tents. In other words, that meant that the boys would have to completely rough it by sleeping out in the open. The majority of our classmates had likely never slept outdoors before in their lives. Fortunately, because it was summer, I didn't think there'd catch cold, but there were definitely going to have a hard time.