the beach

belly's pov

we know jeremiah goes to the beach to practice surfing every day at 12pm. conrad and i get there before him and just sit on the beach and talk.
jeremiah shortly gets there with his surfboard and doesn't see us at first. i lean my head on conrad's shoulder to make it more believable. i could feel jere standing behind us staring. i then hear sand kick up and turn around to see him running back to the house.
"he's so mad, this is hilarious." i say while laughing. conrad and i look at eachother for a moment. i almost leaned in to kiss him and him the same. but we both remembered what this was for and just awkwardly smiled.
we still sat on the beach after jere left, talking about past summers. i started shivering and he immediately noticed and gave me his sweatshirt. it was my favorite burgundy one that smelled like the laundry detergent susannah used. "i really miss susannah." i said. "i do too, when i miss her, i just look into the sky and know she's watching over us." he answered. "you know, this is what she would've wanted." i say while putting my head on his shoulder again. "what is that?" he asked. "us." i replied. we both looked at eachother again. that look, just like two summers ago on the beach. how in love i was. i closed my eyes and his lips crashed into mine.
i kissed him back. when we stopped, i asked, "why don't we stop pretending." he looked at me and just smiled. "i'd like that." he answered. we ran to the ocean and splashed water at each other. when we got. cold we ran back to the house and grabbed some towels.
     jeremiah was outside sitting on the edge of the pool. he looked at us and i could feel his anger through his bright blue eyes. conrad had blue eyes too, but his were more dull, they told a story. he just glared at us as we dried off and ran back inside.
    conrad and i just lied in his bed and stared at the ceiling. it was nice knowing we could sit there and do nothing, and still not get bored of each other. i still love him.