Chapter 21

Rohit was bewildered.

The first thing he heard when he went on the ground was Ishan apologizing for not scoring a century in the previous match.

He already did good enough.

"Yes Dad promise I will do my bes—"

"Ishan can I talk to your father for a second?" Rohit asked. Ishan gulped.

"Han bhai just one second. Dad, my captain wants to talk with you" Ishan replied.

Without listening to the reply Rohit took the phone and put it on speaker.

"Ab kya krdiya tune ki captain ko teri complaint bhi krni hai" His father huffed.
[What did you do now that the captain wants to complain to me about you]

" The only complaint I have for Ishan is the shit ton of insecurities he has. But now I might know the reason for it." Rohit scoffed.

"Bhai" Ishan hissed.

"Respectfully sir, I would appreciate if you will give your son some credits and feel proud for him instead of scolding him." Rohit replied.

"And who are you to tell us how should we talk with our own son huh?" His father retorted.

"Captain of this team and uncle before you say anything, being a captain does not mean I only have to be their role model and score runs on the field. It is much more than that, I have to be there for all of my team members, guide them and support them in every way and I am very much determined to do that so I will not let anyone down the moral of any of my team member." Rohit replied sternly.

"Quite a nice speech I must say Mr. Sharma. But where does your support went when my son was not even selected in the playing XI? What I am doing to him is showing him how to be a part of the playing XI, his dream, and not be just a mere substitute who has to wait for a member to get injured so he could get a chance to play." His father spat.

"Hu—"

"It would be better if you won't come in between our family talk. The way I motivate is the reason he had been doing good so far. And I want him to be the best so he can pull through the discriminating squad chooser so they would be forced to choose him because of his skills. You won't understand it so it's better not to meddle in between us." His father retorted.

"Sir it would be better if you don't accuse us of being discriminating. The team is chosen after taking note of every small thing. The members we have chosen are the best ones for their position." Rohit muttered.

"Bhai please give me the phone." Ishan whispered and Rohit ignored him.

"Oh so you mean Ishan does not deserve it? He is not good enough to be playing there. Is this how you support and guide them?" His father scoffed.

"Don't twist my words. You are elder than me so I am respectfully trying to show you my perspective." Rohit said.

"Why do I even have to listen to your perspective? I could complain about you with your coach if you want to interfere that much." His father retorted.

"Oh yeah I—"

"Bhaiya please stop" Ishan shouted. Rohit looked at him in disbelief.

"I know you only want the best for me bhaiya, but trust me dad also want that.  You are misunderstanding him. Please stop fighting and let me talk with him." Ishan spoke.

"You are telling me to go back?" Rohit looked at Ishan his jaw clenched.

"I am sorry bhai" Ishan said holding Rohit's hand who jerked his hands away.