Chapter Four: The Dream

Okay, so sorry this took so long to upload this. My Wattpad keeps glitching and completely deleting everything I've written! And I am having to study for all my finals -which I'm totally not prepared for! Ugh so frustrating! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this, God knows this chapter has given me so much stress. Plus, I want to say thanks to @JessLoughridge for helping me with my MANY spelling errors.

((That night in Impalas head))

I'm about five maybe six years old, Sam is about eight and Dean is somewhere around twelve. We were at our third apartment that year. Our dad, John, is a privet detective -slash mechanic, but only in his spare time. Because of his job, he's forced to move around a lot, which means that us kids are never able to stay in one place for too long. Just when we get used to a place, John finishes the job and moves on to the next case in some other part of the country.

It was a dark rainy night. The kind of rain that people actually like; light slow drizzles that you can just barely hear from inside your house. It would have been a great peaceful night if it hadn't been for the loud yelling coming from the inside of our small pale yellow house. John was drunk -like always-, Dean had told Sam and me to stay in his room until Dad either left or fell asleep. And judging by the way he was yelling at Dean, neither were going to happen anytime soon.

John was angry because we were ten minutes late walking home from school, and it was all my fault. I had wanted to pick a few purple wildflowers from a nearby meadow, and no matter what Sam and Dean said, I wouldn't leave until I had picked a handful of the beautiful vibrant flowers. The same flowers that had been ripped from my hands and thrown against a wall, by a furious John Winchester, when my brothers and I had walked throw the door of our house, at which point Dean had told Sam and me to go to his room and not to come out.

The guilt was eating me up from the inside out. I felt so bad that Dean was getting yelled at all because I had been childish. I hated the way my father would yell. I had always thought that is sounded like thunder, the kind that would shake my uncle Bobby's house and make me so scared that I would go running to Dean and Sams room in the middle of the night.

The yelling was getting louder and louder. And I keep thinking 'This is all my fault, if I hadn't been so childish and just of listened to Sam and Dean, then none of this would be happening.' Suddenly, after what seemed like hours, I heard a loud SMACK!!! At the sound caused something within me snapped; I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the room; Sam trying his hardest to hold on to me back but failed.

"Stop! It's my fault, so leave him alone!" I scream once I enter the living room. I hear a small groan and see Dean on the floor with a huge red mark on his left cheek. John is standing a few feet away from him, his face red with fury, and his hands a shaking violently. Quickly I run to Dean, grabbing his hand to let him know I'm there.

"Pala," He says quietly."What are you doing out here? I told you and Sam to stay in the room." He said weakly as he tried hard not to show the pain that he was in, trying to keep a tough face on for Sam and me -he was always doing that-, but I could see right throw it. I always could. "You shouldn't be out here." He says weakly.

John either doesn't hear or care what Dean just said."What the hell do you mean!!!!!!!" My dad said in in his loud booming voice.

"I made use late! It's my fault, not Dean's so yell at me, not him!!!!" I yelled up at him trying to wedge myself between Dean and my father. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see thatSam was now standing in the living room by the door frame, trying his to call me back. Though he soon realized I was refusing to move, so cautiously, he walked over to stand next to where I'm kneeling on the ground and stood by me. Between our , brother and our father, holding my hand that wasn't already holding Deans.