Kenai's ceremony

We made it to the den sooner than we expected, I came down from Dad's back and started walking home. Our pack's territory was at the east sector, but we were allowed to pass through different territories of the town. All the packs had a strong and respectful bond between them. We finally made it home, I knocked on the door and this one opened from the inside.
"Erioc!"
"Hey Koda, you missed me?" I said as I hugged my little brother. Koda was the last pup of our family, he was 8 years old so it meant that he already had all his basic powers and was learning how to control them. As the boys arrived at the entrance, I walked to the living room to find my mother and my grandma.
"Hi Mom, hi Nana"
"Oh, hello my beautiful daughter" said my mom while taking my head and kissing my face.
"Ugh! Mom I'm not a pup anymore!"
I know I'm human but I always used the werewolf terms to refer people. Then I felt Tanana hugging me, I hugged her back.
"So, how do you feel?"
"Isn't that the question you're supposed to ask Kenai today?"
"Don't try to play you don't know my child."
That moment I realized what she meant, when it was the time for me and Denahi to become wolves...I couldn't shapeshift like my brother or the rest of the wolves. That meant I couldn't join the group to do the big race in the forest. The memory made me feel bad about myself, about having been born human.
"Hey, let's not make this about me, okay? Today is Kenai's special day." I told her to try to change the subject. It seemed it worked 'cause now Kenai was the center of attention.
...
After getting ready for the ceremony we started to walk to the ceremony plaza, it was more like a natural paved courtyard just outside of the town. In the center was graven a moon with a wolf head inside. All the other packs were either arriving or were already there, on one moment Kenai spotted his girlfriend, Nita, with her pack: The Night-walkers. Kenai ran to her, as Nita saw him she jumped to him and gave him a hug as she wrapped her legs around him. Nita was a Beta, she was turning 16 as well and getting her first shapeshifting. I smiled seeing my little brother happy, when I felt someone poking my sides from behind giving me a jump scare.
"Did I scare you" said Isaac, my best friend, from behind. He was an Alpha belonging to The Shadows Watchers pack, but sadly Isaac and his uncle Tug were the last reminders since the rest of their pack had been slaughtered by a group of vampires. Tug and Isaac's wolves were indigo, but in their human forms they were Afroamerican.
"Ha ha, very funny"
I don't know how much time went by when all the packs were reunited at the plaza, each one placed on their respective sides. I saw Tanana walk to the elders council to start the ceremony, the council started by welcoming us, then they started to say the same speech of each month when a new group of teen wolves turned 16. After the speech all the alphas were asked to bring their young wolves to the center. They were calling pack by pack, until it was our turn.
"The Moon Guardians" announced Tanana as the crowd cheered. Dad started to walk forward followed by Kenai and the rest of our teens, Kenai looked excited as Dad placed a hand on his shoulder as a sign of support and proud towards my brother. After few more packs the ritual could begin: the Alphas went back to their packs, the clouds on the sky were moving revealing the full moon. The time had come. The moon light shined over all of the teens, I was more focused on Kenai's transformation. His eyes were yellow, he grew fangs and claws, in one moment he fell on his knees and putted his hands on the ground to support himself. I could see his body started to change: Kenai started to shapeshift from a boy to a wolf of light brown pelt. He was gorgeous. I mean his wolf form, hehe.
All the teens were now wolves, I could see Kenai was happy, he was jumping and walking around Nita, flirting with her. Suddenly the elders council made their big announcement: the race could begin. Everyone, including myself, howled to the moon, from there all the new shifters started to race to the forest. I wanted to join Kenai but the race was only for the new shifters.
But...even though I felt happy for my brother...this brought back a sad and upsetting memory. When it was the time for Denahi and me to turn into wolves for the first time, I thought that with the effects of the moon my powers would turn on. But I was wrong, I felt absolutely nothing, nothing had happened to me. I was still the same helpless girl of always. The shame made me mix with the crowd to go back to my family, I had tears in my face when I met my parents.
But today wasn't about me, I wouldn't ruin my little brother special day. So I just played along.