THE PAST OF AKSHAT RAICHAND

AKSHAT'S POV

I was doing my office work as some technical and law related problems were going in my office and I have got nobody perfect to solve those yet.  As I moved to the balcony of my study, my sight went to the back garden of Raichand palace. This Garden contains a lot of my memories from my childhood whether it is heartwarming or heart stretching ones.

I can remember some flashes that I used to play here with my mother mostly when I was of two or three years with her running around me for feeding or other things. There was our head servant or most probably Suraj kaka as everyone used to call him, he was my favorite person other than my mother who used to care for me, help me. I trusted him the most when it came to other than family or sometimes even more than my father too. Even Rajmata always said that he is her most trusted man. She always sent me with him when I went to any place also when I went to my playschool first time, he was the one to accompany me. 

But as the saying goes, "never trust someone blindly." He was the person who proved it to me, when he abducted me from my playschool when I was only a five-year-old only for some amount of money. That day I got to know in this world people only value money, status and power not the feelings of a human(person). I was rescued by paying the ransom within only two days as I was to be crowned prince, but those two days have made a huge impact for my whole life. After that I didn't trusted people easily or can say never trusted wholly. 

This thought of mine only got confirmed with time to time as I aged. Whether with my schoolteachers or with my classmates who always treated me like some king or very differently they always behaved well so I don't get any complain against them. They always thought to be in my good books due to only my money and status, but they never became my friends. I always felt like an alien with them there was no one in my life who was with me for myself not due to money, status or responsibility. Even if it is my family, they were with me as I was a family member for them and also the to be crowned prince.

As time eloped, I also started not to get affected by this behavior of people around me. That's why when I changed my school in my seventh standard and moved to my mother's hometown Delhi, due to constant threats about my life given to Raichand family. I was expecting the same treatment from my classmates and teachers, and it was true almost but to my surprise there was only one boy who didn't treated me differently he behaved in very casual way with me not caring about my status. In starting days, I didn't trust him also sat in the window corner seat to avoid everybody and to be away from their unusual behavior. But he was one stubborn person, who came and became my bench partner. Up to now in my schooling I didn't get any bench partner and he became my first bench partner and first only friend too "Veer Malhotra".  After that I never got any other other friend in my life, Veer also moved with me when I came back to Jaipur after tenth to complete my junior college. Whether I say or not he was an important part in my life with whom I can be myself.

But as we started business after finishing our education. We only met sometimes as I also started my own company I got less time to go and meet him in the starting, and he also got busy with his family business company. And now as he went to Newyork, we didn't got to meet each other for last six months. 

Just then a voice broke my trance.

Servant: Kuwar sa, Rajmata aapse aantrik sabha bhavan me bhet karna chahti hai.

(Prince, Rajmata wants to meet you in the inner meeting hall.)

BY SUHANA.....