Part 14

Hey! Sorry it took soooo long!! 

-------------------------------

I look around the room happy to see Gerlinde peacefully sleeping. At least she didn’t do anything suspicious. Well, I don’t think so I was asleep.

I guess I should go back to sleep, but instead I find myself getting up and walking over to my shoes. Hm, it wouldn’t hurt to take a look around the ship, would it?

I cautiously walk out the door, quickly take a look around before speed walking quietly to the elevator. I press the button maintaining being silent.

I walk into the elevator pressing the pressing the button for the kitchens floor. Maybe there will be a hint or something there. I tap my index finger on my leg to a tapping rythym. How long do these elevators take? They must be slow, I keep asking myself this. Finally the door opens and i walk into the dimly lit hallway.

I'm not sure why they light the hallways, iti's like they think kids walk through here, weird.

I walk in the shadows even though if I find or come across a robot they'll sense my heat, so it actually has no use.... Well whatever. 

After I'm about to turn back, I hear some voices. Ones definately a robot, the others a girls voice. 

I walk closer towhere I think the voices are coming from. I hear the girls voice more clearly. It sounds framiliar. Funny, it sounds really framiliar. 

"I know I'm not allowed to tell anyone. thats what I'm doing!" The girl says. 

"Human, this is what you must do. Keep track of this," The robot says. It must be pointing to something. Or someone. 

"I know!" The girl says sounding irritated. 

"Remember, you got yourself into this, human," The robot says in a flat coice. Wait. That sounds pretty suspicious. 

"I have to get back to my room," The girl says. Suddenly, everything clicks. It's Venla, she's the girl. 

Is she a spy? What they were takling about runs through my head. Not to tell anyone, keeping track of something (or someone), wait. maybe she has to keep track of us. Crap.

But what about getting herself into this? What does that mean?

I hear Venla doing something in the kitchen. Uh oh, I should probably clear out of here. I walk next to the wall deep in thought. 

"Ilinka?" A boy asks from behind me. 

"I'm aobut ot scream when a hand goes around my mouth. Is he going to take me somewhere? I can kick pretty hard!

I hear a chuckle from behind me, revealing who it is. He unclamps his hand from around my mouth.

"Dermont"! I whisper yell. Was all that even nessicary?

"Yes?" He asks innocently.

"What are you doing?" I ask annoyed.

"Getting this for you. I know you like them," He says handing me a rice cake. Like them? I love them!

I feel him take a step forward, and for the first time I notice how close he is. I take a step back only to come back to back with the wall.

He takes another step forward, making him really close to me. I look down quickly, but he lifts my chin up. 

Wow, his eyes look pretty amazing in this dim light. What am I thinking! Ugh, shut up brain!

Suddenly, his face comes really close to mine. I can feel his breath tickle my face. What the hell is he doing?