IV. R.I.D.I.C.U.L.OU.S

The crowd cheered on the tourney field as Auradon and its opponent were in a draw at 47 seconds left on the clock. Ford winced at the noise, looking down at the notebook they were writing in. Ford sat beside a smirking Mal as she watched Ben. Mal and Ford were the only two not in blue and yellow to support Auradon. Mal and Evie perked up as Carlos and Jay went onto the field and played a very good game, with Jay making unselfish plays.

"He passes to Prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..." The announcer was heard over the yells of the Auradon crowd before being interrupted by Ben himself.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" Ben asked the quieting crowd, as he stole the mic from the announcer. Ben looked around at his team and the cheerleaders before saying, "There's something I'd like to say. Give me an 'M'!"

"'M'!" The crowd chorused, Ford looking up in confusion.

"Give me an 'A'!" Ben continued.

"'A'!" The crowd copied his movement. Ford stood up and began walking over to Audrey.

"Give me an 'L'!" Ben finished.

"'L'!" The crowd chorused, Audrey's face falling as she realized what was happening.

"What does that spell?" Ben asked, smiling widely as if completely unaware of what the consequences of his actions would be.

"Mal!" The crowd yelled.

"Come on, I can't hear you!" Ben encouraged the crowd. Ford had made it onto the field, looking at Ben with blatant confusion and rising anger.

"MAL!" The crowd repeated. Ford spun around at the audacity the crowd had like they were unaware of just what they were doing.

"I love you, Mal! Did I mention that?" Ben exclaimed, causing the crowd to look at Mal, teasingly.

"Oh..." Audrey whispered as tears filled her eyes. Ford grabbed her hand, looking at her softly.

"Come on," Ford whispered before gently walking her off the pitch and waving Chad to join them. "It'll be okay. I promise."

As Ford, Chad, and Audrey left, they could hear Ben's voice singing before slowly fading out.

"Did I mention that I'm in love with you?

And did I mention there's nothing I can do
And did I happen to say?
I dream of you everyday
But let me shout it out loud, if that's okay ay ay
If that's okay (Hey!)"

Audrey's tears fell down her face as she was wrapped into Ford's arms. Chad and Ford exchanged a glance of rising anger before Ford continued to comfort Audrey. The trio walked into Ford's dorm, where they could see the tourney field. 

"Mal! Will you go to the coronation with me?" Ben could be heard asking.

"Yes!" Mal smiled, before the smile turned into a satisfied smirk as she exchanged a look with Evie, Jay and Carlos.

"...How long were you together?" Ford asked Audrey, their voice soft and comforting.

"We... started dating at 13. So 5 years..." Audrey whispered back through her tears. "I just don't get it. Like... If he didn't love me, why did he just say? Why did he have to do it like that?"

"He's an idiot." Chad stated simply, smiling softly at Audrey.

"Yeah..." Audrey laughed before noticing the piano Ford had near their room.  Shaking her head slightly, Audrey continued. "I love him. I really do."