Chapter 16

Many of you wanted Eda to hear Serkan's words from the last scene of the previous chapter. Please don't kill me as it's not the case.

There's a bit of EdSer growth this chapter but my pace is still slow, I hope you all can be patient enough for it, but again, if they patch up, the story ends, and I feel like there's lots of angst and things I can explore yet.

Also, a lot of you are kind of starting to hate Eda in this story. Keep in mind that Eda has been told by Serkan that he doesn't want to work with her, live in the same house as her, or see her face ever. Canon in the show. This story and the flashback of EdSer's separation follows canon quallels where he had said all those things. That and I think many of you underestimate how hard single motherhood, specially in the working class can be. Eda sees his efforts now mending his mistakes by welcoming and encouraging her at work and welcoming her and Kiraz in his house, but she can't forget 6 years worth of experiences this quick.

 Eda sees his efforts now mending his mistakes by welcoming and encouraging her at work and welcoming her and Kiraz in his house, but she can't forget 6 years worth of experiences this quick

....

"Here Eda, medecines. Don't forget. I'll drop Kiraz today, if you want. That way you can sleep some more, or take your time. You work well, there's no issue if sometimes, you take a day off." Serkan said with a soft voice, the next day at breakfast.

He looked over at Kiraz, who smiled sadly to him in knowledge after their conversation of the previous day.

He loved Eda regardless of her feelings for him. The urge to take care of her was always present, but until now, he was respecting her boundaries thinking she hated him.

But she loved him. His eyes were swollen from crying at the thought. She had loved him and cherished him in her heart all these years. He would shower her back in love and care however he could.

Eda looked at him at his renewed care for her. She looked at the colourful pills on the white countertop. She wished he would find her a pill that could cure heartbreak.

"Hayir, I can take Kiraz. Eat well Annecim, it's your first day at school." She said to Serkan then lovingly to Kiraz, a hand on her back.

"Can Baba come too Anne ?" Kiraz asked in a small pleading voice.

"You want Baba to take you ?" Eda asked softly, no blame in her tone, the love she poured to Kiraz was so contrasting with her otherwise emotionless and closed off demeanor.

"I want you both to come. It's my first day, lütfen." Kiraz looked between Serkan and Eda.

Eda inhaled. "Tamam aşkım." She agreed and kissed the top of Kiraz's hair.

Kiraz grinned and looked over at Serkan, he smiled softly at her in complicity, bless his daughter, her attempts couldn't be deterred, she was as stubborn as her mother.

Infront of the school, Serkan bent and hugged Kiraz, Eda watched as Kiraz closed her eyes contently in the hug. She really was loved and did love her Baba back, her heart swelled.