13| I Don't Care

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel renewed and refreshed

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel renewed and refreshed. No longer hiding secrets from those around me.

However, my peaceful freedom might not last too long. Dan and I arranged a call. I will be recording the call, for my own safety. I know how that motherfucker twists stories and bends them into his own.

But I've been told to not raise my voice. My father has a meeting with a few people, but if I have to raise my voice, I will.

I sat at my desk in my room, my laptop in front of me so that I could record the conversation. I got Zion, my father's tech guy, to help with that. I didn't know how to connect my phone to the laptop, he got me the app that records the whole interaction.

Bless Zion, the tech guy.

I wait until the clock turns to one thirty. My hands shook as I tried to steady myself for the conversation.

God, this is going to go horrible.

The phone began to loudly ring. I let it ring for a while before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Rosalie," Dan said. "Or Rose, I don't know your name."

"Hi Dan, so what do you want to talk about?" I looked at my laptop, seeing the record light flashing. It brought my anxiousness down slightly, knowing I had backup.

"The email. What the fuck were you trying to do?"

"I wasn't trying anything."

He sarcastically chuckled over the phone. "Please, it's so fucking obvious you were trying to make me look bad. Who the fuck do you think I am?"

"You're Dan Torres, that's who you are."

"Right," his voice became stern, "listen to me and listen carefully. I don't know what you're trying to do or what you think will happen, but this has got to stop. I've spoke to Tiago and he thinks the same."

Tiago?

"Tiago who?"

"Cruz?"

INTO THE TABLOIDS

Rosette: Tiago who?

Dan: Cruz?

Rosette: How do you know Tiago?