Outsider

Once upon a time, there was a traveler, an outsider from another planet; a planet from another star, a star from another galaxy. And this galaxy, from another universe. A dead planet from which she had to escape, abandon that place that was already impossible to call home.

It used to be a peaceful, beautiful, truly wonderful place; you couldn't imagine it. It was unlike anything you've seen before, undoubtedly unique and different from other known worlds. Those who saw it could glimpse in it colors unidentifiable to your eyes, incredible climates, fantastic animals. But the star that gave life to such an extraordinary world came to an end. Nothing is eternal, as you must already know, there are only longer ephemeral moments.

So, as that world was slowly dying, it was when the traveler awoke. She broke the shell in which she was immersed at the bottom of the eternal sea, took a deep breath, spread her wings, yawned long, and began her flight to the surface. A journey that seemed endless. And when she reached the end, an end that marked the beginning of her long journey, that's when she could see what was left of her land: nothing but chaos and destruction. A world in flames that consumed everything around it. The oppressive and fierce heat of the fire boiled her feathers. She looked with fascinated eyes at the spectacle and realized that she could never live life as her ancestors did. A tear fell from her eyes and joined the eternal sea.

And so, she spread her wings once again and flew as far as she could. She crossed the sky and space, walked on asteroids and lifeless planets. She also encountered primitive life forms and marveled at the immensity of the universe. Every time she flew, she left a violet trail traced in the starry sky. An unmistakable trace, the signature of the traveler.

Sometimes, during the long and frigid nights, she used to think, try to imagine how her world used to be. She did that until she fell asleep, always with great sorrow and pain in her afflicted soul. Occasionally, when she closed her eyes, images passed before her eyes, memories perhaps? She didn't know where they came from, but she was sure they had to do with her origins. She felt drawn, tied to something, always restless. For this reason, she decided to return, took flight once again. Destination? Home. The exact place where it all began.

Upon arrival, she carefully and delicately searched the bottom of the sea, traced until she spotted the broken shell amid multicolored rocks, only they weren't rocks, they were seeds. Small latent remnants of what was once her world. Her eyes lit up with amazement, curiosity, and longing. She grabbed as many as she could and distributed them to every asteroid and planet she had stepped on before along her way. And only when she finished planting each of these seeds did she rest. She closed her eyelids and fell asleep again, a long and well-deserved nap. And although she didn't find out until much later, from each seed sprouted marvelous plants. Trees that blossomed every spring and gave home to thousands of beings, travelers, outsiders, just as she once was.