One

A woman wearing a white blazzer suit and red high heels, carrying a black handbag came walking through the parking lot. She was approximately 5.1ft in height with light brown hair and dusty skin tone. She was thirty;her almond shaped brown eyes were capable enough to make people lost in it, if looked for long.The slim nose and thin lips added further beauty to her face.Her pear shaped physique was not so attractive but her personality had a separate dignity in it. Anu got in her Yellow Lamborghini car and drove out of the parking lot.
   Sleep deprived eyes for two days  and a tiresome day in office made it difficult for her to drive without dozing off.She just wanted to reach home quickly but thanks to God that the car wasn't moving in full blast as she had a flinch sooner.

  At the signal when she tried to pause the car, it didn't stop. Her eyes widened and throat dried in thirst.She understood the brakes had failed.A sudden chill went down her entire body.

  She turned the car towards an avenue where the traffic was less and tried endlessly to apply the brakes.Her heart raced madly and the image of her father, mother,sister and husband popped in her head. She calmed herself down by taking some deep breaths. After thinking for a minute she opened her car's door and jumped in a direction perpendicular to the car. While in air she folded her arms and legs to bring it closer, tucking herself into a ball. She landed on the earth and rolled a little distance on the road to  equalise with the speed and then stopped.
On hearing a crashing sound, she sat up slowly and looked in her car's direction. It had hit a tree and immediately caught fire. She huffed largely to have escaped such a horrific incident.
         She was taken to the nearby hospital by the locals where they admit her to the Emergency ward. After giving first-aid to her bruises and undergoing  X-rays,CT-scan and MRI tests she was recommended to take some rest. While she lay on the hospital bed with her eyes closed ,a forty-two year old man  came running and paused at the E.R door.
He had a well built body,tall height,short black hair and dark brown round eyes. His uplifted nose expanded and contracted while his parted thick lips let out breath showing how restless was he.He turned his glances from one end of the room to other,as soon as he spotted Anu,he rushed towards her bed and placed his cold arms on her head to stroke it. On sensing a touch,Anu opened her eyes to see it was Rishi, her husband.
  When she tried to get up to acquire a sitting posture she was forbidden by Rishi to do so.He sat beside her bed on a stool, holding her hand tightly. He lowered his head out of a guilt and said-"I shouldn't have left for home earlier"-his eyes became blurry with water and his voice shook-"I thought I..I lost you."
Rishi's actions were enough to convince anyone about how much love he possessed for her,a smile appeared on Anu's face to see her husband crying like a little child. She stroke his hair and said softly-"I'm fine. Don't worry."He looked at her with rheumy eyes and said in a husky voice -"Don't talk,take some rest."
She smiled at him again and nodded her head in  'yes' but even if she closed her eyes,she couldn't sleep. She won't be able to sleep for a while without medication from that instant as the question 'How did the accident occur?' will always revolve in her head.When she came for work in morning, the car was completely fine but how did the brakes fail by the evening?Was it just coincidence or someone's well-planed murder?
   Anu didn't receive major injury from the accident but some tissues of her left arm got damaged.Doctors had advised her to take rest but the online mode of work was not a cup of tea for workaholic Anu.Therefore just two weeks after the accident ,she had decided to rejoin work physically.

                            ***
      Wearing a light green short dress and black high heels when she pushed open the translucent door,she was startled by the sudden-clapping. She looked all around to find the office decorated beautifully with balloons and paper hoardings.'Crude Beauty' holds the first position among top ten cosmetic brands in India and being the Managing Director of this company with Rishi Yadav as the CEO,Yadav was the most liked boss the company ever had.