Eleven

Between the glass window and the wooden door built at the opposite ends,the room was spread enormously.There was a book shelf filled with all sorts of book beside the window.A large desk was kept at the centre where a man was sitting in his large cozy chair. Anu and Divya were sitting on the two chairs with only a small table in between and opposite to him. Behind them was a wall with which a thirty-six inch LED T.V was attached.The lamp hanging down from the ceiling was draping light on face of all three , making them look like characters in a stage play.

The lamp hanging down from the ceiling was draping light on face of all three , making them look like characters in a stage play

The man scrolled on his laptop and wrote down something in his note book.

Attorney-"So Mrs.Yadav,You want to back off from the contract immediately even though it is still valid for five more years!"

Anu in her maroon one piece dress was sitting with her one leg over other and fingers of hands interlocked together was touching her knee. Like a wise person she nodded to him slowly.

Attorney sighed and said -"Look Mam, before we proceed with any legal work,I would request you to sort things up with Divya mam and continue the deal peacefully."

"Mr.Attorney"-she quoted slowly but with with utter confidence -"You should record my statement and make a new deed.I'm not going to get coaxed."

Attorney -"But you had sighed the deal yourself and now your breaking the terms."-looking at Divya he continued -"My client even paid you advance"-he again turned at Anu and said-"You might have to pay penalty."

Divya looked at Anu and smirked, she thought she had caught Anu off guard but it was all her illusion.

Anu spoke with real dignity looking at the Attorney-"She might have all the money she had paid me ever. I never touched a single penny as I was not happy with selling my designs under someone else's name."-she turned at Divya and continued -"And I also agree to pay the penalty."

This stole the smile on Divya's face and she gritted her teeth.

The Attorney tried to improvise the situation by threatening her and said -"You know right we can drag you to court for breaching the contract without any prior notice?I don't think it'll be appealing for your image."

Anu smiled and lowered her her seeing their stupidity.She brought her leg down and stood into an erect posture she uttered -

"You can go anywhere but I don't think public will be pleased after listening about your scam"-she crossed her arms and while slowly walking to attorney's desk she continued -"It would be pleasing for anyone of us.But if you still insist then..".She was standing just face to face with the attorney,he tried to disappear himself in his chair as much as he could. Those two determined eyes of Anu , fighting for justice was eating him up.

Anu lowered her hand and the edges of his desk with her palms,she smirked and completely her incomplete sentence -"Go ahead..."
She again stood straight, and bowed to her sister then made her exit.