00

The first time Bax actually met Emory was at the cliffs it was dusk and a group of teens were partying she was laughing with another girl who he would soon learn was Poppy,  both decked out in glow sticks.

"Yo Emmy! You're up" Beau Thomas yelled, the girl gave a salute to her friend before walking over to the boy who grabbed her and spun her around making her laugh.

oh her laugh it took his breath away.

He watched as she took a running start and then jumped off into the water the only sign of her was the glow sticks, as she came up the crowd of teens cheered.

Once Beau had helped her back up to the top he then took notice of Bax's presence.

"Hey man! Glad you could make it! Welcome to the cool kids of Shorehaven" he stated putting his arms out, like he had owned the place.

"This is Emory Taylor, but I'm sure you've seen her around on the circuit"

"Ya" Bax laughs "she beats my sister all the time" it was true Emory was quite the surfer and that drove his sister mad, Wren had yet to beat her.

Emmy smiles up at him and gives a quiet "Hey" but before she could say anything else Beau speaks up. "Get the man some glow sticks babe"

"follow me" Bax did just that, Emmy led him over to a old rustic looking chair where she started grabbing and cracking the sticks putting them together and turning to face him "arms please" she had said it so quiet that he had almost missed it, lifting his arms so she could do up the bands.

"So this is what you do in your free time?" He asked playfully, making her laugh.

She was quiet, shy even. But she didn't need to be around him. He had seen the way she was around her friends, he wanted that the carefree personality and her freedom to speak whatever she wanted to come out.

She asked him to bend lower so she could do up the necklace, only when she looked up did he notice how close they were, he had took it upon himself to stare into her green eyes and also noticed the freckles decorating her face.

"Bax mate? are you ready!" Emory was quick to move away as Beau walked over and wrapped his arms around her.

"Ya man" then he looked back to Emory "got any tips?" She smiled and walked out of Beau's arm, walking Bax to the edge. "Jump out as far as possible and Keep an eye on the waves cause they'll push you on the rocks"

"Give us a show man" came Beau's voice, to that Bax nodded.

That was the first of many parties they would attend together.

~~

The next time Bax saw Emory was at a met Emmy had just came out on top and his sister was too busy losing it cause she couldn't find her board wax.

He watched as she made it back to the shore.

Poppy and Bodhi had ran up to her and gave her a huge hug he had learned from Beau that the three were best friends and didn't do much apart, especially Poppy and Emmy.

As the girls walked by him he spoke up "congrats Emory" she had stopped walking and looked at him then looked back at the girls who were smirking, she gave them the one minute look and walked towards him.

"Hey Bax! thanks so much! your heat looked hard glad you came out on top though, you worked your but off" she smile "just don't tell Beau I said that"

"Thanks Em-"

"you can call me Emmy, all my friends do" she cut in.

"oh so were friends now?" he asked smiling down at her.

"You know i might just have to reconsider" she smiled back at him.

"Emmy you coming, Travis is waiting for you" Emmy's smile drop so fast but it was almost back before he could catch it.

"I'll um, see you around" she said softly before waving goodbye, he watched as she joined back up with Poppy and they continued up the beach.

but when Poppy and Emmy went there separate ways only then did he noticed a man that didn't look overly impressed, he watched her smile fade and this time not come back.

~~

The next was when he watch her and Beau get into a huge fight leaving her in tears behind her black rimmed glasses, that she only seemed to wear late at night or when she was reading.

"Star girl don't cry" came his voice as he approached her from behind as she sat on the beach, Emmy was quick to wipe away her tears on her sleeve.

"Oh Bax. I didn't know you were here" she snuffled, he sat beside her and looked at her, really looked at her. "I'm fine I promise. Just a stupid boy"

"You got that right" he stated just trying to make her smile. " you know why I called you star girl" he asked, making her shake her head no " because you're a star in the water  and most times I see you it's always when The stars are out, plus that tattoo on your left hip"

She finally smiled, looking at him "Thanks Bax" with that she leaned her head onto his shoulder.
They sat in comfortable silence for a while before she finally broke it. "It was a stupid dare you know.... I lost and Poppy got to tattoo it on me" she smiled at the memory. "Don't tell anyone, my brother still doesn't know"

That night was the night Bax and Emmy became friends

that was also the night that Beau Thomas and him ended there friendship.

He never wanted to make her cry.