☄️Comet☄️

TW: mentions of addiction, sh

I dig around in my bathroom drawer, looking for the last bottle of pills I had. None left, Chiron must have taken everything in my draw, including my Tylenol. Kayla had said something about sleeping pills in the infirmary. I started heading towards the infirmary when I heard a sound like crying from the woods. A new type of monster? I walked towards it and saw it was coming from a ditch, probably Kayla's, and I started walking in the other direction, she deserves to be left for dead. She used me, just like my dad, aunt, uncle, and siblings. The only person I could rely on was myself, and even I let myself down a lot. I turned and walked back the way I came.

I approached the ditch and looked down, to find Kayla crying in the ditch, smeared with grime, her ankle twisted in an awkward angle, and tear stains down her face, leaving streaks in the dirt on her face. To me she had never looked more beautiful.

She looked up at me and smiled. "You came back. I knew you would!" I smiled at her, a cold smile. "I just wanted sleeping pills."

"No, Comet. You already to have addiction issues." My mind flickered back to the time I was alone in a dark ally, with only drugs to keep me company. I took way too many that night and ended up waking in a bright hospital rooms months later. Overdosing on drugs was normal for me. But Kayla was right, I was addicted. And I knew that if I started taking sleeping pills I wouldn't be able to stop. That didn't mean I wouldn't be taking the pills later that night. I walked back to the infirmary leaving Kayla shocked and crying alone in the ditch. 

Once I arrived I had sneak back in. All the shelves were lined with various medications, I searched the shelves looking behind bottles and bottles of prescription meds, until I found the one I was looking for, doxepin. I carefully took a handful out of her bottle and put them in my pocket. I walked past the blond, who was now missing some hair, he was shirtless and covered in bruises all over his sides. "Where's Kayla?" He asked me as I walked past. "I don't know." I answered. "I saw her go into the woods the other day. That when I saw her last." 

Suddenly we could both hear screaming coming from outside. "What was that?" Said the blond. About four of the medics ran outside, and after about ten minutes came inside with a stretcher, carrying in a certain daughter of Apollo. When she saw me she screamed bloody murder, and when the medics looked at where she was shakily pointing at me. "What the fuck are you doing out of bed?" Exclaimed one of the medics who had looked after me in the first couple weeks. I didn't stop to think and just ran out the door, and back to my cabin, where I locked the door and then ran into the bathroom and locked that door also. 

I dug around, but couldn't find my razor, so out of severe desperation I punched the shower glass so hard it broke, pieces of glass shattering everywhere.