Oh No (chapter two)

Chapter 2

Oh no.

A chime rang out across the room, acknowledging his entry, his tardiness, and continued as Vince slid away from the doorway, past the somewhat full mainroom, and into the kitchen. Some 'new recruit' was at the register, so Vince hadn't bothered to fill in tardy slip compartment that lay across from the cash register and above the revolting garbage.

He truly did question the structure of this place, who in their right mind would place a garbage can by the counter where people order their food? This place. These people, who do not in fact have right minds. After dwelling on the decency of this place, unable to fathom as to how a health inspector has not yet been advised about this, Vinny padded towards the take-out station.

There, he was acquainted by his less-than-thrilled to see him dad, namely Karl, where he was allowed to venture a lecture on why he was an ignorant, spoiled teen who took time management and work ethics for a joke. What fun. After nearly half hour of his father clashing verbal abuse and 'enthusiasm' together, Vince reminded him that time was money, and they weren't exactly getting paid to have a therapy session.

So Karl gave him a pat on the back, which sent Vince bouncing against the reflective wall, and left him to answer take-out calls. Karl bustled clumsily out of the small compartment and somewhere toward the left, out of Vince's sight. He rolled his shoulder, positive that his hemur would be bruised by the time he got off work, took a seat on the rickety wooden stool next to the retro red phone, and awaited a phone call. For a long while, none came, and he began to feel that not coming into work today may not have changed anything.

Then something happened. This kind of something could be described as an anomaly, but of course to Vince it was only a call in. So, as it goes, he let it ring twice, gathering himself painfully slowly from his line of day dreams, before he actually reached for the phone. The plastic of the phone felt foreign against his clammy hands, and he answered in a hoarse, polite tone, "Hello, Baz's Pizza, where we always serve smiles (in 30 minutes of less), Vincent speaking."

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~

((      Hey guys !! sorry that this chapter is so short, things should get a bit longer and more lively in the next few chapters/further in. I hope you've enjoyed it so far, and please continue to read ! Thank you, your views motivate me very much :)      ))