A Storm in Missing

There was abrupt silence to the atmosphere around Vince once he had made his arrival to the front door. He was out of breath, chest heaving in fresh air and expelling it in great bounds, but he could feel something off. He was certain that something was there while he was bounding for the correct house, he was positive that there was noise around him. Bustling, being the underlining to the background of his endeavor. He wasn't positive what those sounds were, just that they were there then, and gone now.

This unsettled him immensely, and he rapped his clenched fist onto the wood of the door cautiously, as though he were afraid to disturb the peaceful(or at least what was intended to be) cul de sac. He decided to inspect the home rather than wait impatiently outside with nothing better to do than to stand around and huff. The door was large, very thick in width, and was colored in sharp red hues to mark it's indented designs. The home, in itself, was a large, intimidating thing with dull, earthy colors. There were hedge sculptures, but most were obscure enough that he wouldn't be able to give a direct answer to what they were exactly, if asked.

Vincent took moderate interest in the house, he found it aesthetically pleasing if anything. The realization that he'd been waiting outside for nearly five minutes now was unnerving, and only then did he notice the large, hefty looking door ring, housed basically right above his head. He grumbled to himself out of spite, and reached for it hurriedly, before the pizza underarm could get any cooler. But, just as his fingers grazed over the thick impressions on the door chime, the doorway shot open, and vincent found himself lurching back instantly, grasping onto the pizza box for dear life. 

There, standing stoic and giving off a strong aura, stood a tall silhouette, a good foot or two taller than Vincent. Those few feet never felt longer as they stared Vincent down, he couldn't make out an expression, or much or anything for that matter, but he could feel the homeowner staring daggers at him, the hair on his nape standing on end.

All that illuminated this haunting scene was a flickering light to the left of the doorway, shedding shadows and eeriness. And all that vincent could process in these few seconds were,

'Why couldn't there be more than one delivery boy? Why did I always have to go through the batshit crazy scenarios just to deliver disappointment?'