Chapter 2

It was late when Michael hears a loud thump followed by an "owie". He scrambles to his feet, hesitating before picking up his poster. He lifts it and peeks through. He sees a brunette on the fuzzy carpet, holding his knee.

"Oh crap that hurt." The small brunette says. He looks down at his red knee and frowns. He has a slight carpet burn. He leans his head down and kisses his knee.

Michael thinks it is too cute. 

The brunette stands up, straightening his skirt then walking out of the room.

Michael puts his poster down, his eyes wide. He has an extremely cute neighbor that wears skirts. The boy was so appealing to Michael. He holds the corner of his poster again, almost lifting it but deciding against it. 

"You aren't a weirdo." He says to himself then resumes his game.

Michael had just got back from work and really enjoyed it there. All day it was him and Ashton manning the shop. They basically just controlled the music that played around the store until customers came in. Ashton was really cool to have around.

It was only his first day, anything can happen later on. He shook his head and unpaused his game.

-

"You ready to sell some shit?" Ashton asks Michael with a grin.

"I guess."

"Say it with entusiasm!"

Michael laughs, "I guess!" He says cheerily.

"That's what I like seeing Clifford. Customers can't approach you if you look like all you want to do is crawl back in your cave."

"I do though, mornings make me sad." 

Ashton chuckles, "When do you start school?"

"I don't" Michael chuckles.

"Not a fan?"

"Not at all. Classes are just the same lessons you learned the year before. It's useless. You know, I was actually kinda good at school."

"And here I thought all you did was stay at home and read comics."

"I do." Michael replies, "But once in middle school I slacked off and failed a class. Mom got mad and said she'd take my shit away if I did poorly so it just kinda stuck with me after I studied my ass off daily."

"Atleast you're smart, mate." Ashton compliments and logs into the computer at the front.

-

They order pizza for lunch. The shop was fairly slow that day until around five. Someone came in.

"Hey there Ash."

Ashton smiles brightly and turns to face the blonde who called out to him. He wraps his arms around him tightly. Michael watches them with a soft smile when Ashton kisses the blonde on the nose.

"I've missed you Luke."

"Missed you too Ash." The unfamiliar boy says softly. His eyes meet the person's behind Ashton. "Who is that?"

"This is Michael." Ashton pulls away from him to stand beside the red haired boy. "He's the new employee. Michael, this is Luke, my boyfriend."

The two shake hands.

"It's nice to meet you." Michael says.

Luke nods, "Nice to  meet you too. When did you start working here?"

"Just yesterday."

"Does Ashton annoy you as much as he annoys me?"

Michael laughs when Ashton frowns.

"I was only kidding Ash.

Ashton wraps an arm around Luke's waist, "Is Cal here?"

Luke shakes his head. "He was too tired so he stayed home."

The red haired boy looks over to Ashton as he sits down, "So, tell me about you and Luke."

"I went to highschool with them. We were paired up in a class and one thing lead to another. Me and Luke were dating but I was a senior. His mom said I was too old for him and won't let us be together until he graduates."

"Ah, a secret affair." Michael says.

Ashton shoves him softly, "Shut up."

-

Michael gets home late. He decided to go out with Ash for a little. He hears soft music from next door. He picks up his poster and watches as the boy slowly sways around his room with a grin. He has a pretty dress on. It's black with a white collar. He looks so happy in that moment, dancing around his room in a pretty dress that looks made for him. 

The next morning Michael rushes into the record store, having over slept.

"Morning Mikey." Ashton chuckles.

"Morning Ash."

"What are you so in a hurry for?"

"I was almost late."

Ashton takes a look at the time, "Oh," He laughs, "You were."

They get to stocking some new records they got in.

"So my neighbor is really cute." Michael says.

"Yeah? When'd you decide to meet him?"

"I didn't"

Ashton raises an eyebrow. He remembers Michael talking about needing to see who his neighbor is. "I really don't understand."

"Okay, don't freak out but, when I moved in there was this hole in my wall where you can see into the neighbors bedroom."

Ashton's eyes widen, "Dude, you're living in some creep's old house."

"I know! It's weird."

"But you're looking through the hole too!"

"Only when it's needed!"

Ashton puts the box of records down on the floor.

"What do you mean?"

"One night I heard a loud thump and he sounded like he was hurt so I looked. I'm not doing anything weird."

Ashton nodded, "So, tell me how he looks."

"He looks pretty small and has brown hair. His eyes are brown and he's kinda tan. You need to see him, I can't really describe him."

"You should talk to him." Ashton suggests.

Michael shrugs his shoulders. He goes back to stocking the new shipments while thinking of the cute boy that lives next door.

I am so sorry for anyone who doesn't like it but I am a slut for Lashton. It was my first ship when  I got into 5sos.