Chapter 4

Michael wasn't really doing anything all day. It was his day off and he was extremely bored. It wasn't like where he used to live where he could just leave the house and walk around to find something to do. This was a new place so maybe staying in was best for him. He sat on his bed and started playing games.

After a while he heard his neighbor's door slam. He hesitated before lifting his poster and peeking through the hole. Calum was sitting on his bed while rubbing at his eyes. His breathing seemed un even and he was quietly whimpering into his hands.

Michael felt so bad seeing him cry. He was always very sensitive growing up and seeing people cry kills him. He watches and makes sure Calum calms down. After a while, Calum fell asleep sitting against the wall. Michael frowned before going back to playing games.

-

Ever since Calum woke up he felt stressed. He wasn't sure why but something was bothering him the night before. He thought sleeping would do him some good. Sadly, it didn't. The night before he had forgot to throw his uniform in the dryer, so he was running late for work. When he arrived at work he noticed that he was still clocked in from the night before.

After that, he was just stressed all day. The family of three came in again and they really brightened his mood.

When he got home that night, the only reasonable thing to do was cry so he did.

When he woke up he had bags under his puffy eyes. He was more tired than usual. He got to work and saw the boy with black hair (Guys, did I give Mikey a hair color yet?? Fuck me I don't remember). He goes over to his table and lets out a yawn.

"I am so sorry, but, what can I get you?"

Michael laughs softly, before ordering what he wants. Calum gives the order to the someone before sitting in the back.

"You alright?" His manager asked.

"I'm good, just a little off today."

His manger sent him a small frown before sighing, "If you need to take a break, go ahead."

Calum nods and thanks him before being called back out front.

"Here is your meal." Calum sets it in front of the black haired boy. He was sipping his coffee. Calum looked at the cup and saw that he took his coffee black.

"You seem to come in quite a lot." Calum starts.

"Yeah, it's close to work and the coffee is good."

"Really?" Calum tilts his head, "Where do you work?"

"The record shop a little further down."

Calum smiles, "Wow, my friend works there! What's your name?"

"Michael."

Calum nods, "Well Michael, enjoy your food." 

-

Luke picks Calum up after his shift.

"There's a cute boy who comes in now." Calum mentions.

"Yeah? How does he look?"

"Well, he's tall with black hair. I think he's really cute, you need to see him."

Luke chuckles, "I'm sure he is."

Calum looks down at his scuffed flats. He sighs, "Lukey, I need new shoes. Maybe you can come with me tomorrow?"

"Only if you come with me to the record store."

Calum huffs, "Why? So I can watch you and your boyfriend makeout?"

"No, he has someone to work shifts with him. The guy is pretty cool."

"I'll go." Calum agrees.

When he gets home Calum decides to just change and get in bed. He takes his dress off and puts it in the was before going to his room. He slips on a tshirt then crawls in bed, cuddling his comforter.

Michael lets go of his poster, letting it fall back to the spot it was supposed to be on the wall. Calum seemed to have a much better night.

Stuff happens next chapter guys!!  Sorry it's short :(

SKH is probably one of my favorite music videos by them (after Don't Stop and Try Hard). Even though I'm Ashton stan, if I somehow married Michael we'd have the same initials and I think that's funny. I have my freshman day tomorrow so I'll miss GMA with 1D but thanks to the internet I'll still be able to watch it. At meet the teacher night I saw a girl with a Clifford shirt on and that was cool.

Goodnight everyone!