Part II. Wooyoung

All readers are advised to read the description of this book for the trigger warnings that will be written throughout. Please do not read further if gore, character death, and dystopian/apocalyptic themes are sensitive to you.

▸⸺⸺⸺⸺◢✥◣⸺⸺⸺⸺◂

▸⸺⸺⸺⸺◢✥◣⸺⸺⸺⸺◂

"Woo–"

A voice rips through the quiet apartment, catching the younger male's attention readily, turning around on the spot as he faces his partner walking out of their bedroom.

"I'm heading to the gym." San adjusts his black cap for a second as he continues his approach, smiling at the younger male with a glimmer of adoration glued to his eyes.

"Be back in an hour, 'kay?" Wooyoung hums, hands landing on San's waist as he walks closer and stops within a few inches of him.

"Yes, jagi. Of course." San uses his left hand to grab Wooyoung's chin, pushing the male's head up, pressing a delicate kiss on his lips. "I'll be quick, don't worry."

"Mhm." Wooyoung smiles at him, turning slightly to lean against the kitchen counter. "Go get sweaty and come back so we can shower together, hm?"

"Say no more." San quietly chuckles at him, backing away as he begins to head towards the front door.

"Bye, baby. I love you." Wooyoung coos, watching San offer a small endearing wave.

"I love you more." San opens the front door and heads outside, closing the door behind him.

Wooyoung takes a breath, turning around to reach for his phone, absently texting with Yeosang, who happened to be his closest friend.

He had been dating San for nearly five years at this point, living together for two, and had been grossly obsessed with him since they were kids. They grew up as nextdoor neighbors, spending an absurd amount of time with one another throughout their childhood until San ended up moving away due to his parent's divorce. Wooyoung was heartbroken, seeking comfort from Seonghwa and his other friends, hoping that one day San would return to him to heal his broken heart. They were fifthteen at that point, completely oblivious to how deep their relationship had grown, now succumbing to the pressure of overwhelming distance as San moved nearly across the country, leaving Wooyoung and their group behind without a blink.

San tried to stay in contact, not that Wooyoung would protest any text or call that San would offer. But as time passed, the two grew further and further apart. But, by some dumb stroke of luck, San and his mother moved back to Seoul, planting themselves back into a familiar neighborhood, only ten minutes away from Wooyoung's home.

As if there had never been space to begin with, Wooyoung was once again glued to San's hip, clinging onto him, nearly afraid to ever let him go again.

Time would pass quickly, and before the two knew it, they were off to college together. They insisted on rooming with one another, where feelings strung along with more absurd hours spent awake and conversing in the middle of the night that just so happened to turn their childhood friendship into something more intimate. Wooyoung confessed to San nearly a year after they had reunited, leading them to where they were now; smitten and completely devoted to one another.