ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

❝𝙒𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤.❞

▸⸺⸺⸺⸺◢✥◣⸺⸺⸺⸺◂

Seoul was gone. People fled the moment news broke out, leaving little worry for what was being left behind. Horns blare in crowded streets, drivers forcing their cars over sidewalks and middle of the road curbs, trying to escape the inevitable. Bodies were everywhere, reanimating within full view of security cameras and terrified gazes of the masses. Cold autumn air does little to soothe the nerves of those who watched in fear, eyes unable to turn away from their loved ones being ripped apart by a blind monster.

Windows were blocked, doors shut; entryways trapped with chairs and rope, hoping to keep the infected at bay as long as they were silent. Small groups begin to form within a few mile radius of one another, unknowingly beginning their story through their new found world. Familiar faces find calamity within one another, pulling whatever comfort they could manage from each other before their time ran out. They huddle closely, trying to remain calm and focused, making as little noise as possible to keep the dead from stirring back to life.

They can do everything they can to avoid going outside, rummaging through vacant apartments in search of canned food or whole products, electing to be safe rather than sorry. The world outside was unforgiving and unnatural, eliciting fear from anyone who dared to enter.

The city remains barren a week into the new-found dystopia, streets empty with broken down cars and ruined street signs, sidewalks coated in dark fluids that stain the pavement. A pair of dark eyes filled with worry scan the outside world carefully from the comfort of their nearly-covered window, breaths hitching with every passing second. The runners had been more active as of late, scurrying around the street with broken wails and groans, stumbling by cars and discarded trash. They all looked freshly turned, blood dripping from their eyes with pale skin, bite marks coating their arms and legs from what the male could see, if not hiding more beneath their disheveled clothes.

"Felix." A voice persists quietly from behind watchful eyes. The male turns away from the window, biting his tongue; jaw tight. He knows better than to open the curtains at night, but he feels adamant on keeping watch.

"I know." He mentions back, fingers curling into the black sheets that covered more than half of the windows. His gaze turns back, watching a rotten corpse slump through the street, head tossing and twitching to the side as it awaits the next noise to hunt down its prey. He wanted to know how many were outside. He wanted to know if the rumor was true, but his partner was awfully insistent.

"Come to bed." He says to Felix's back, voice a murmur. Felix takes one last pan around the street, eyes settling on the stumbling body once more before giving in to pressure and shutting the curtains.

He knew they would be on the run soon in search of more supplies and for a better hideout, acknowledging that the moment their locked complex doors gave in, the building would be flooded with corpses that they could no longer hide from. He didn't want to admit how terrified he was of the inevitable future, but the more bodies that stumble into the street, the more Felix fears that the rumors were true.

A herd was coming. He knew it, he could feel it in his bones.

But, he wasn't sure how much time he had to gather his friends before Seoul fell even further into hell.