Stop.

Stop touching everything in the store. Stop screaming. Stop throwing your toys in the floor. And for god's sake will you stop eating pasta with your hands.

Your parents tell you to stop being dramatic - You're fine and you are going to school. Your teachers say stop. Stop writting on the desk. The test is over, stop your pencil. Stop talking and listen when I am teaching. School is over so stop by my desk to grab your test score and go home.

You stop to look at your score when you get in the car. 97% - Not good enough. Even though 3 years ago you would have killed to have a C. Stop. It's never good enough - so make sure you stop going out to make time for studies. Going out?  Stop lying to yourself. You don't even go out. Nobody even cares to text; you let alone go out with you.

Drive. Drive. Drive. Stop at the that stupid intersection, wait for your turn. Stop. Stop thinking about how easy it would be for you to just crash. Stop thinking about that, you could hurt someone else.

Driving over that goddamn bridge- wouldn't it be so easy if you just swerved into the water? You never learned how to swim. They'd never save you. You can't do that now - there are others in the car. Maybe next year, when you can drive on your own. Stop thinking about it.

Stop the car in the driveway. You're home.

It's the same loop you go through every day of your pathetic little life.

Today, it's raining. Perhaps if I just stop myself for a bit, maybe the sky will embrace me with it's rain.  At least someone would be holding me - just stop! Why must you do this? Stop! Every step forward feels like being swallowed by quicksand - Stop struggling! It is a merciless force that drags you even further into the black hole of hell and despair you call home.

Just stop.

And all of a sudden,

Your life comes to a stop.

October 30, 2023
04:07