Part 25 - End of Hours, 'Fracture'

You were thrown over the air, so high that for a moment your heart stopped beating

You were thrown over the air, so high that for a moment your heart stopped beating. Something invisible pulled you up higher ... and higher ... you thought you would die. There was no way you would survive the fall from extreme altitude.

You tried to look down, to get a hold of your whereabout, but all you saw were whites, empty facade of nothingness surrounded you.
Your head was floating, you felt like a piece of paper flying around the clouds that looked like white thin cotton on blue sky.
It was the first genuine smile that etched on your lips as you remembered beautiful moments you spent with your mother. So many other beautiful remembrance flashed one another.

For a moment later, you finally felt at peace, your mind turned empty and you started to sink into unconciousness.
Memory could hurt, and the absence of past was what made you ready to let go.
No more pain. No more misery. No more heartbreak. Just ... serenity.

It lasted for maybe a few minutes, ... or hours, you weren't sure. You lost track of time.

Right when you felt drifting into another universe, there was a strong sudden force that pulled you down, roughly snatched you and you were slammed onto a hard surface.

You heard your own choke and gurgling of liquid, the painful pressure on your chest diminished, before your eyes abruptly opened.
Your view was blurred, the pain in your throat started to ease.

View of blue sky and bright sunshine were the first thing you saw, before realization sit in.

You were still in the woods, laying on the side of riverbank, sound of babbling brooke not far from you.
You were drenched all over, still wearing your pullover and jeans, but no coat and shoes. It was freezing cold, slowly you made sense of surrounding.

"Breath Y/N. ... Can you speak?"

It was Jungkook.
Strange that you actually saw him here, out of all people that you knew. He crouched next to you, also wet from head to toes. His white shirt adhered to his torso, abs and biceps imprinted through the fabric. His shirt sleeves were rolled, his tattoo looked prominent -inked his right arm full from elbow to wrist.