Chapter Four

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable )    ✝︎     ───      04.
Vatos.

     MELODY WAS quick to aim her crossbow at Rick as he aimed his gun at Daryl for aiming his crossbow at T-Dog, glaring at him through the tears in her eyes. Her hands trembled as she held the weapon up, finger just a few inches away from the trigger.

"Put the fucking gun down," Melody snapped at him, voice croaky from the sobs. "Or I won't even fucking blink when I pull the trigger."

Daryl put his crossbow down for Rick to put his gun down. Melody lowered her own crossbow, the dried tears on her cheeks uncomfortable. A bruise was beginning to form on Rick's jaw from where Melody had punched him, a sharp pain shooting across his whole jaw each time he moved it.

"You got a── got a do-rag or something?" Daryl asked T-Dog. T-Dog reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small piece of cloth and handing it to him. Daryl grabs it from him, leaning down to pick up Merle's hand. "I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs. Ain't that a bitch."

He places the severed hand onto the cloth, wrapping it up. Melody tries not to gag, looking away from the sight. Daryl puts the hand in Glenn's backpack, looking over at Melody.

"He must've used a tourniquet. . . maybe his belt, be much more blood if he didn't," Daryl remarked, frowning when he seen a piece of clothing laying a few feet away from them. It was Merle's jacket. He walked over to it, picking it up and staring at it before handing it to Melody. She took it in her shaky hands, holding it close to her as tears fill her eyes once again.

"Mel── Mel, where are you going?" Glenn shouted to her as she began storming away. She turned and glared at them, raising her crossbow threateningly.

"I'm going to find my fucking uncle," She croaked out, narrowing her eyes at them. Daryl looked back at her, nodding his head as he quickly walked over to her. He pulled her into a hug, kissing her head.

"Be safe, okay?" Daryl muttered to her, pulling away to look at her. She nodded, sniffling as she wiped her tears away. "You yell as loud as you possibly can if you're in danger, I mean it."

"You too," Melody replies quietly, hugging him once again. Daryl sighed as she pulled away. "Love you."

"Love you too," Daryl says, watching as his daughter storms down the stairs. Glenn fixed his hat, looking at the girl walking away.

"I'm going with her," Glenn announced, following after her, not staying to hear what any of them had to say.

Melody rolled her as when she heard Glenn following after her, not stopping for him to catch up with her. Glenn fell into a light jog as she storms ahead, crossbow ready to fire.