Chapter 1: The Beginning

Disclaimer: I own nothing exept the few characters I made up. All rights to Dreamworks and Cressida Cowell.

I was resting on the beach with my mother and father, Fraya and Typhoon. My name was Fury at the time.

My parents were the leading protectors of the Red Death and the lead inforcers of her rules. They made sure she was safe from harm and that her rules were obeyed. No one broke those rules since my parents were put in charge. After 50 years, the rules were broken, by my parents.

Night Furies weren't supposed to have kids after a baby one attempted to burn down the whole island after a practical joke that went horribly wrong. After I was born, my parents tried to hide me from her. A friend of my father found out, he said know one would ever know, he lied.

He was a Nightmare called Lighter. He was a good friend at the time. Though, even before he told, I was warry of him.

As I laid on the beach, I heard the flapping of wings. They belonged to the second in command, a Whispering Death called Whisper. As soon as I saw her, I knew that the life that I had known was gone. That she was going to try to serve me on a platter to the Red Death.

"What do you want, Whisper?" My father asked, growling.

"I am here, Typhoon, to right the wrong that you have committed." she answered

Standing up and moving in front of me, my mother said, "You with have to go through us." Then turning to me, "Turn and fly away, Fury. Get away from the evil that is here."

With that, Whisper lunged at us. My father flew left and my mother flew right and I jumped backwards, my tail touching the ocean. Whisper charged towards me, so my father bit her near the end of her tail and pulled her away from me. At first, she was shocked but quickly shook off her confusion and lunged at my father.

I couldn't take watching my parents fight like that for me, so I did what my mother told me to do for the first time. I flew away, promising myself that I would come back in a few hours.