Chapter 7: Trust

I left my hiding place and stood before him, sniffing the air because smelled something interesting as I came out. He then held a fish out in front of him, like a peace offering.

I was very hungry because I hadn't eaten in a while so I started going towards him. Just then, I remembered that he had a knife when he cut my loose. I backed away and growled at him. He moved his vest back a little, showing the knife. I growled louder. He very slowly grabbed the knife with two fingers and dropped it on the ground. I motioned to the lake and he kicked into the water.

With that done, I slowly moved toward him, my mouth open, showing were my teeth would be if I wasn't hidding them in my gums.

"Toothless? I could've sworn you had..." He started to say.

I cut him off by showing my teeth and grabbing the fish out of his hands.

"...Teeth." He finished.

I ate the fish and I offered half of it to the boy. He obviously didn't like it but he still ate it. I had a lot of fun watching him not like the taste.

He put what was still left of the fish and reached out to touch me. I still didn't completely trust him at the time so I growled and flew/fell to the oher side of the cove.

I heated up the ground under me and laid down, just to look up and see him sitting there cross-legged. Annoyed, I hid my face behind my rudder that was still there. I lift it up a few seconds later to see him closer then he was before. He got up and walked away right after.

Later in the evening, I was resting in a tree and I see the boy doing something strange wih a stick so I went over to see what. He was drawing me in the ground with the stick. That gave me an idea. I went over to the closest tree and pulled one of the branches off of it. I started drawing random lines in the ground with it. The boy watched me do this, a look of awe on his face. When I was done, I looked at the boy, he looked like he was going to have a panic attack. I was quite happy with my work that completely surrounded the boy.

He tried to leave but stepped on the lines so I growled and he jumped back so he wasn't on, making me stop growling. He looked down and saw a footstep on my line. He got a strange look of his face and stepped on it again, making me growl again. After two times of that, he steped over it. He did this funny dance-like thing to get out without stepping on it more and ended up right infront of me.

He tried to touch me again but I still didn't trust him completely, so I growled. He then tried something different, he closed his eyes and looked away and tried. This time, I let him. He looked at me after some hesitation. I pulled away a few seconds later and wrinkled my nose and snorted, then ran off. He didn't follow me this time, instead, he left the cove and me. I fell asleep a few minutes later, starting to trust the boy.