Chapter 13: To the island

It felt like we had been sailing for hours before we made it to the fog bank. The vikings then turned into it, keeping their ships close so they knew they wouldn't get separated. I started feeling the hum of the island but didn't react in the hopes that the vikings would turn back. But, I knew in my heart that that was a fool's hope.

Then, the one-handed one, Gobber, walked over to stoick and started talking to him.

"Listen, Stoick, I heard a couple of the men just now and, you know, some of them are wondering what it is we are up to here. Not me, of course, I know you're always the man with the plan but some, not me, are wondering if there is in fact a plan at all, and what it might be?"

"Find the nest and take it."

After that, Gobber replied but I didn't really hear what he said because the hum was getting harder and harder to ignore. Finally, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I reacted to it.

Stoick heard the new noise and looked at me, hushing Gobber when he realized what was happening. Then, he went to the back and steered the ship the way I pointed me head.

After a few minutes, our boat hit the edge of the island. Stoick jumped out of the boat and onto the beach and the vikings began to plan their attack on the nest, though I knew I wouldn't do any good with all the dragons here it would be an impossible task.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while, they had their plan and everything was set up. They shot some of their catapults at the wall of the den, creating a huge hole in it. Then shot a flaming ball in there to see what was inside but that backfired. For, they didn't know or realize that the flaming ball hit Her.

The dragons all flew out without even letting out a single shot of fire and I knew I was right in my suspicions.

She was going to fight this fight herself.