Chapter 8: Flying

I learned that the boy's name was Hiccup. What ever kind of name that was, I didn't know.

Hiccup started calling me Toothless because he didn't know that my name was Fury. I didn't mind though because it was like a new start for me, which I really wanted. The only problem with it was that I couldn't fly.

One day, Hiccup came to the cove, holding who knows what.

"Hey toothless." He called. "I hope - I hope your hungry."

The one thing he didn't know about dragons, All of them except one type, hated eels and there was an eel in the basket. I growled at it and he grabbed it and threw it away.

I started eating the fish. I was aware a Hiccup going behind me, but I wasn't worried. All that was left was one fish in the basket so I stuck my head inside of it. I held my head up suddenly because I felt something on my tail.

I raised my wings and rudder and jumped in the air. I started to fall again but all the sudden went up. I was flying! I turned and glided over the lake in the cove.

I looked at my tail because I heard someone talking. It was Hiccup, how surprising. I flung him off and for some reason, I couldn't fly anymore. So both of us ended up crashing into the lake.

That left me to wonder. How had I flown?