3: Deja vu

'guarantor- Lucy Bridgets'

I was in such a state that could only be identified as shock and confusion looking at the writting on the line.

It would have been impossible to imagine all on my own,but these words made it clear that what I thought was impossible was the simple and ugly truth I found hard to swallow

  'aunt Lucy sold me?'

One drop turned into two, two turned to three and before I knew it my tears started falling in waves,that was until a hard smack to my left cheek threw me to the floor.

"I said write your name,you mute or something?!,don't make me repeat myself whore!!"

"Take it easy boss,you can't damage goods before the auction tomorrow,this was the most expensive one"

I hear footsteps coming towards me and my head is raised by my hair to come face to face with a man whom I assumed to be the boss.Bald head,brown decaying teeth and an overall unkempt appearance.I almost cringe at how bad his breath stink as he kept talking into my face.

"You'll fetch a wonderful price,blonde, green eyes and sexy petite figure,you fit perfectly
into Duke Royne's description" he drags me to my feet and towards the table before he continued his unappreciated speaking

"be a good girl and write your name down, I'd hate to damage such fine goods right before an auction"

I couldn't resist anymore,I again pick up the ink and write my name right beside aunt Lucy's in bold letters

JESSICA BRIDGETS

It seemed like being sold by your family was a normal thing here,there wasn't a single  comment made by any of the two men present in the room after seeing the similarity between the names of I and my guarantor.Not even a glance of pity.

"Good,now back to the cages shall we" grabbing me by my arm he drags me with much less force than when we came.He didn't need to,I willingly follow.

Tears escape my eyes as we walk back to the cages,it was hard to accept that the only family I had left to rely on had just up and abandoned me without a second thought.And for just a few pieces of coin.

My mother was an orphan who didn't have anyone else except her elder brother who had passed away just after my birth.My father's extended family was rather large but the feud in their relationships prevented Aaron and I from knowing any of them.I didn't find a need to search for them after that incident I survived,they never reached out to me.The news of the southern's community doctor and his family massacred on their way back home was widespread for a long time.So I knew they were aware,they probably just didn't care.I wonder if it was for this reason that aunt Lucy was the only one who did.

Physically and emotionally drained after all the strain I had endured,I had begun feeling like I would soon collapse.We suddenly stop moving and I look up to see the man who was leading me to the cage look ahead towards a small crowd that had formed a distance away.

I could see the boss who was just in the room with us now standing like a loyal servant beside the doors of a black limo car.It belonged to a noble,only they had that privilege and I was proven right when a tall masculine figure dressed in a black,well fitted suit descended.

We kept standing there staring at the boss that tries to get a word out of the stranger.He stood at a position where I could only see the side of his face but he had a familiar aura around him.It was confusing.

Perhaps he could sense someone drilling holes in his head with their gaze or maybe it was just mere coincidence because just when I would soon give up in my search for what I found familiar about him,he turns to look sideways and straight at me.Golden sunlight meets evergreen forests.