Chapter Five

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable ) ✝︎ ─── 05.
Wildfire.

     MELODY STOMPED her foot down on a walker's head, grimacing at the sound of the squelch and cracking. Glenn and T-Dog moved the walker into the fire, grunting as they lifted it. She followed after Daryl as he walked over to more of the walker's bodies.

They turn at the sound of a gun getting clicked, seeing Andrea pointing her gun at Rick. Melody looked at her dad, tilting her head to the side. "They still haven't shot Amy in the head?"

Daryl shakes his head, looking over at the dead body. Melody rolled her eyes, stomping down on another walker's head. Daryl brings his pickaxe down on the one he was standing over.

Melody wiped her forehead with the back of her head, feeling the sweat beginning to build up. She groaned at the sticky feeling of her shirt, pulling it over her head. If men could do it, she could too.

"Get your shirt back on," Daryl said to her, pulling his pickaxe out of the walker's head. His eyes narrow at the men in the group. "Never know what type of men are around."

Melody narrowed her eyes, huffing. "One, if anyone tries anything, I'll kill 'em, and two, I can literally feel the sweat dripping down my back, ain't no way I'm keeping my shirt on."

Daryl rolled his eyes at the defiance from his daughter, looking around to see if anyone was staring. He glared at Glenn when he seen Glenn awkwardly standing and staring, his mouth open slightly. Glenn quickly looked away, going back to carrying the walkers to the fire.

Melody looked over when she seen everyone talking in hushed tones, walking over to them with a confused look. "Spill the beans," She says, leaning her elbow on Daryl's shoulder. Daryl put his arm in front of her chest, blocking it from everyone's view with a glare.

"Take the shot," Daryl told Rick, looking over at Amy and Andrea. "Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No," Lori cut in. "For God sakes, let her be."

"You guys do realise that she's gonna turn into a walker soon and you'll have to do it eventually anyways?" Melody chimes in, glancing at them. "Might as well just get it over with, save you having to do it later."

Melody left the group with an annoyed smile on her face, making her way down to the water. She cupped her hand, gathering some water and putting it to her neck. The water trickled down her back, cold in comparison to her skin. She let out a breath at the feeling, repeating the action until she was cool enough.