Chapter 2: The Special Tree

After breakfast, I went to my usual spot to survey the palace, it was near a cherry tree. When I reach there, I saw a girl sitting in my spot. I standed in front of her, to have a conversation but she just ran back inside the palace walls. 'Strange' surely enough I ignore it and continue my duty instead. I sat next to the cherry tree to take care of my files. After quite a while, I fell into a deep slumber.

???: Misaki.... Misaki.....

(The voice in my dream called out my name again and again. WHY?.... My vision was to blurred out to see anything.)

???: Misaki.... It's time....

(And then my sight became clear, I was at the same spot, at the cherry tree. But this time, it was in the middle of the ocean... it's like a little island just for me....)

???: Misaki....
Misaki: Who are you...?
???: it's me Misaki...., Ying.
Misaki: Ying? Really? The goddess of Time?
Ying: yes Misaki...
Misaki: why are you in my dream?
Ying: You know if the goddess of time speaks with you, it's something important. Well, it's is. It's your lifeline Misaki, it's ending....
Misaki: what do you mean?

(I was shocked, too shocked. First a goddess came to speak to me in my dream next she's telling me my life is about to end...how tho? Should I ask her?)

Ying: I know what you're thinking Misaki....and no I cannot tell you, if I did.... it will be the end of me. I hope you understand...
Misaki: *sigh* It's okay, I understand...but Can I ask a question?
Ying: Of course...what is it?
Misaki: What should I do?...to avoid my end?
Ying: I....you should.... nevermind....
Misaki: what? What should I do, Ying?
Ying: There's always an end, Misaki.... You should accept it.... Everything, everyone has one and yours have come to take you too, you should complie. I guess this is goodbye.... whenever the time comes.... I'll be there waiting for you.

(She suddenly dissolved into the air, dissapearing in my sight.)

Misaki: Wait! Ying!...YING!

(WHAT DID SHE MEANT COMPLIE TO MY DEATH, I don't wanna die?! What about the Empress?, what about the Guangs? How could I protect them if I'm dead?!)

???: Miss Kikuchi....Miss...

(Huh?...)

Girl: Miss, you're awake.... Your duty, don't you remember?
Misaki: Oh...sorry I must've doze off for a while, thank you for waking me up...
Girl: don't worry Miss Kikuchi, I happy to be obliged.
Misaki: May I know your name?
Girl: Oh. It's Mikamura Kisagane
Misaki: oh my, what a long name.... Well nice to meet you Kisagane, I should be going now don't wanna miss my appointment at the shrine, good bye.
Kisagane: Good bye Miss Kikuchi, safe travels....

After that dream, I should really go to my appointment at the Shrine, the girl.... Kisagane, she seems quite familiar... Oh, well I got other things on my hands today. I hurriedly ran to the Center Shrine, only to see the worse, It's Kurika Ishana....my worst enemy well the Empress's but any enemy of the Empress is also my enemy. She looked at me, meeting her gaze seems frightful with that devilish smirk, she came over to me.

Ishana: well...well...well. what do we have here? Something bothering you Misaki? That's why you decided to go here? Seems crazy enough to see you here, and yet you still have that same cold expression on your sickening face. I hate to say your not welcome here, I bought off the property... Safe to say that this shrine is no longer...

Misaki: Isn't that just rude... You know this property belongs to the Empress, you cannot buy it from her!

Ishana: *laughs* poor Misaki... haven't heard the news huh...I made a truce with the 'Empress' and glady bought the property, idiot.

(She spitted the word Empress, how dare she?!)

Misaki: I will not tolerate this unsettling behavior from you, I will have the Empress take away your truce and bring back the Shrine,.....and if you excuse me...will you clean up after yourself because you're attitude....stinks.

I walked over her....while she gives me the 'how dare you?!' glare. I didn't mind, I like it when she's angry it's makes my blood calm, while her's boils. I made my way to the Head Shrine Maiden. And asked for a tarot of fortune. There's three, the blue for good luck, the red for neutral luck, and black for the worst luck. Hopefully I didn't get the black one, she shifted the cards and letting me chose one, I chose the one on the left side, I flipped it open... It's relieving to not land on the black one, it's red which is pretty good on my standards. I thanked the Shrine for it's wonderful fortune and headed back to the Palace.

A/N: How was it? Any suggestions??? See you next chapter!!!😘♥️