Two hours 'till the Reaping

Hey guys I know this a little please VOTE AND COMMENT*!!!!!!!!!!!!! *spelling???

7:10 am, Friday, July 8th

            By the time I get ready, mom has already made breakfast. On my plate if some break and a glass of water. I stare at her. And I ask "Mom, why do we have to go to the reaping, we haven't been moved from our home yet."

She responds calmly, "Because we aren't risking you guys. Because if they find out we didn't go to the reaping... You don't want to know. This is to protect you. I mean your chances are so slim its like one in a million. It's the same for your cousin, and your brother."

But Noah responds, "I'm ten, not eleven, so I'm safe this year."

"Yeah. Whatever," I respond, if get reaped, no one's coming to my rescue. Everyone I know, the wouldn't have the gut to volunteer. At least for me. My best friend, probably can't, she would stare, she well no one has the guts to save someone that isn't family. I look out the window, normally on a day like this, I would be outside reading. But there's no point. It would just make me mad. Seeing all those people, not even worrying about being thrown into this arena, being forced to kill kids. I know most kids who get reaped in the bigger and better districts, are mostly Christians because their parents are. I'm not. I'm one of those kids who would choose to be a Christian. 

And some kids tell me The Games are just karma on Christians. Now I don't believe in karma, because I try so hard to do good things, but, I'm the one everyone hates, and terrible things happen to me too. And I've seen people do bad things and they never get in trouble. 

"Hun, get ready, we are meeting with the Community group." my mom tells me when I'm finished with my breakfast.

"Yay,  get to meet your friends!" cheers Arya, she is just like my twin.

"Is Elliott going to be there?" Noah asks. Elliott is Noah's best friend.

"Fine," is all I reply. The community group, is people from the area who go to our church. I guess they want us to be together one last time just in case. Since my uncle and cousins live with our family now, I guess they'll come too. 

"But we need to finish eating," Oliver complains. Ollie is my second youngest cousin. He has blonde hair though.

"That's true, but hurry up and finish,"

8:36, Friday, July 8th

I'm inside my closet. I've always been told I have a closet the size of a room, which is kinda true. But only for a crib. 

I think I'll wear the best survival clothing I have. You never know. My pants are a army shade of green and my shirt is black, I decide to wear a black hoodie, but also bring my raincoat. I mean. Why not?

"Quinn... Why does it look like you are 'bout to fight in the Games? And why the emo look? It just doesn't suit you, although it suits me a lot better," my cousin tells me. Then she smirks. She could be my twin if, her hair wasn't as short and she had tan skin, oh and if she had brown eyes.

"I'm not being emo, plus I'm not really emo anyways. This is so of I get reaped, I can be ready. And it's cold and rainy outside. So there," I tell her like a Know it all. She makes a mischievous face when she sees I'm wearing a ring.

Then she asks, "So...Who's the man? Lemme guess Jack.... Or that other boy. What's his name? Oh I forget. I bet one of them would volunteer for you if you got reaped." I start blushing. Okay so, I had a slight crush on them when I was younger. But those were my old days. I'm older now. So apparently someone exposed that I like one of them. And then I just lost interest. They were being really mean, Jack once said at Community group, "Where have you been ugly?" I was really mad, I remember punching him. And the other boy well, after the year I liked him, he stopped talking to me, once I said hi and he pretend to not know me, so I lost interest.

"No! I don't like them. Plus, you were the one who gave me this ring, remember? At Kings Island? Remember the summer of 2012," I tell her, "Anyways lets go downstairs."

"Okay."

So we go downstairs and watch some Bluey. 

10:46 am, Friday, July 8th

 "I love Bluey, don't you?" Ollie says to the air, no one responds. I'm too nervous. Then I drift to fall asleep."

11:26, Friday, July 8th

"Quinn, Arya, lets go!" Then I wake up to the sound of my dad's call, I look at Arya. Her face is the most pale I've ever seen it before. She looks right back at me. I can tell I'm pale too. We know what this means. Two hours 'till the reaping...

Hey guys I know this a little please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!