II.

Chapter TwoBrooklyn, New York

Chapter Two
Brooklyn, New York.
January 8th.

There weren't many things that compared to having a day off on a Friday, especially with time paid off.

Clifford kept his regiment the same in the morning time, only replacing his early morning clock in with a workout. The only thing that really changed was what he did during the day. And with nothing scheduled prior, he did what no other.

Sleep.

The presence of his lady woke him up and it put him in a good mood. He was happy that the woman had early Friday's from her job. It made his day off all worth the while.

"Gia...baby, how was work? Busy day?"

"Always." the woman voiced, taking off her shoes. "It's Friday."

"I know you're glad. You know I am." the man said, following behind the woman. They stood in front of their bedroom mirror, as he was affectionate as he helped her undress.

"What time is your brother's party tonight?"

"It's at 7..." Clifford voiced as his lips settled on the woman's neck. "But I don't plan on being there long...hell, I just might not go at all." His arms were wrapped around her waist, but they fell down to rubbing her thighs. "...I missed you."

"I ain't going nowhere, Cliff." Gia spoke, walking out of the man's arms to get her shower started. "I'll still be here."

"Gia, you know I don't wanna be there for real without you there with me—

"I want you to go." the woman said sternly, "it's your brother. He just got out. And I'm sure he'd want you to be there."

He watched firmly as the woman headed back into the bathroom, keeping his eyes afloat as she moved from mirror to the shower and back.

Gia could feel the man's eyes prying on her hard. She knew he was itching to talk about the issue. She went back over to him, standing between the man's legs as he sat on their king size bed.

"I've been trying to talk to my moms to get her to understand but it's just...it's a lot."

"I don't need you stressing out, Cliff. Okay? Stop worrying about me."

"I want you there baby...you are family. I can't stand not having you around because of what they think about us...."