III.

Chapter ThreeJamaica Queens, New York

Chapter Three
Jamaica Queens, New York.
January 14th, 2000.

"Kobe!"

The ball shot high into the air, catching the eyes of everyone that stood on the asphalt of the outside court. The ball touched nothing but net and when it did, the youngsters nothing but hype.

"I told you he'd make it! Shit, he can probably dunk that bih too!"

"Yoo, I know ya mom's didn't teach to speak like that." Clifford said to the young boy. "Watch your mouth."

He jogged off the court in all smiles, listening into what came through his dispatcher. He loved to hang around the neighborhood and interact with the community.

Not only was the representation showing itself but it was proving that the uniform was more than what it typically stood for in their eyes.

"You done dog walking these cats on the court man?" Cooper asked, meeting his partner near the sideline. "Brown needs us in over on 34th. Code 55."

"I'm cool, dawg." Clifford said as he adjusted his uniform. You good?"

"I'm waiting on you man!"

"I see you kept yourself distracted while I was at it..." Clifford glanced past, seeing the volumptious women from afar smile their way. Copper waved back, as they walked to their vehicle.

Clifford shook his head. What a damn shame.

In a matter of three minutes, the two men had made their way to their calling on 34th. They were met the front by two other cop cars, seeing that one had been speaking to an apparent witness.

The other cops met with Cliff and Cooper, covering the basis of what had happened. A robbery had happened to an apartment floor, and a dead body was found. However, there were no gunshots that heard, and there were no injuries done to the corpse.

Clifford went past the yellow tape to see it for himself. It was a strange ordeal for sure. He was met by Anais and the rest of detective segment moments later, and they immediately went into action.

"What are you thinking?"

"It could be a drug bust...but I don't know." Clifford states, "the body doesn't look too fresh."

Anais thought deeper into what the man had said, and several options of what could've been swirled into her mind. She was met by a few CSI agents who came in with a bunch of questions.