22| Shit

I've noticed the tabloids

I've noticed the tabloids. How their narratives have changed once my real name was announced. How their horrible words have turned to respect and compassion.

"Rosette Silva's designs are masterpieces."

"Silva turns heads with her looks."

"Rosette, formally known as Rosalie, expresses her kindness."

"It's crazy how much you've changed," Tiago broke me out of my thought.

"What?"

"You know, you've changed."

My eyes didn't break our contact, "what do you mean?"

"You just seem...better," he simply replied.

I shake off his comment and stood up. "I have to go, I'll be back in an hour or so."

"I have to come with you."

I rolled my eyes and lifted my jacket. "I'm going to see my mom, you don't have to come."

He rolled his eyes and grabbed his keys. "Let's go."

Asshole.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

I got out of the car and waved to Jack. "Hiya!" I smiled at him. Tiago made his way into the house as I stood to talk to Jack.

"What's the penthouse like?"

"Cold but nice, I won't be there for long anyway," I told him.

He rolled his eyes, knowing I said that three weeks ago. "Get inside, your mom's waiting on you," he told me.
I done as I was told and walked in.

I pulled out my phone to text Tara before bumping into someone.

"Watch out, little rage," Lombardi spoke.

I glanced back to see two men with him, recognizing the one that tried to kidnap me.

"Hi Lombardi, hi minions."

The man that tried to get me had a look of guilt, maybe it was a façade, maybe it was honesty.

"Did our little chat fluster you?" He teased as I tried to walk away.

I let out a sarcastic laugh as I kept walking away. "In your dreams, idiot."

Soft chuckles echoed behind me as I made my way to the living room. There sat my mom, holding onto a magazine.

I sat down beside her, she took a glance at me before handing the magazine.

(A/N y'all THIS WAS SO HARD TO MAKE DO NOT MIND THAT HER LEG LOOKS FUNNY I TRIED)

I turn to page two and scanned the entire page.

Rosette Silva and Dan Torres have a messy history. It was a "rocky" start to the drama. Some say that they were in a relationship at the beginning of 2020.

However, others don't believe that. There's no evidence to indicate that there was a relationship at the start. Rosette became friends with Dan's recent situationship.
Tara Perry has not responded to speak with us.

Rumor has it that Dan has continuously cheated on Miss Perry, leading to more drama between Dan and Rosette.

We now see the repeating smear campaign against Rosette Silva. It started with one comment by Dan Torres.

"She (Rosette) has a very fragile ego, I've never met someone as disrespectful as her."
That one comment made his followers turn against Rosette.

We have dug deep for this comment, it seems it has never resurfaced due to multiple sources claiming that they could have been "sued."

We do not have any worry of legal action. We can't find any reason for being sued for this. We have the evidence and we are not afraid of Dan Torres.

We stand with Rosette Silva, women support women.

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

"Crazy," my mom said. "Absolutely crazy."

My eyes stayed on the magazine, I couldn't believe it.

They hate me for that?

Please, it has to be something else.

"I'm framing it, you look gorgeous in it," my mom spoke once again, taking the magazine out of my hand.

"That's...weird," I told her, my eyes followed her as she took down an old frame. "That's just one stupid comment, why would they hate me for that?"

My mom sat back down, opening the frame from the back.

"Sometimes the truth doesn't just spill out, when you hold onto to it for too long, little splatters of hints drip out before the whole bucket falls."

Well shit. My mom's a poet.

INTO THE TABLOIDS

I made Tiago stop at a liquor store, he wasn't too pleased with the idea but I've pressured him into drinking with me.

So now, we're slightly drunk and talking.

"Where did you go when I kicked you out?" I asked as I sat back down.

He let out a soft chuckle before putting his glass down. "I went to my dad's, didn't have anywhere else to go," he said.

I nodded, taking another sip. "I'm not very close with him, he can be a dickhead at times."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I know I acted very dramatic, it just...hurt."

"I'm not Dan's friend anymore," his eyes filled with sadness. "He's done things that I can't forgive."

My mind wondered what those "things" were, does he know how horrible of a human Dan truly is.

"I'm sure he has," I mumbled, downing the rest of my drink.

His eyes examined the expression on my face. "Look, I don't know what he's done on you or if it's just the Tara stuff, but I'm sorry."

I couldn't look in his eyes, it pained me to do so. "I'm going to get another drink, do you want one?"

"Sure," he said before standing up with me. Our arms lightly touched, he looked me deep in the eyes. "Rose?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like him?"

"Who?"

He sighed as rubbed his temple. "Luciano Lombardi, do you like him?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his assumption. "Fuck no, he's a dickhead," I told him with a smile on my face.

"Good..."

Our eyes didn't break contact, and for that moment, god he looked fine as hell.

In a split second, he grabbed onto my face and passionately kissed me.

Well shit.

Authors note

Okay y'all
We're now at the middle of the story
Things are about to get crazy x
LOVE YOU ALL AND CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR SUPPORTING AND BEING THE BEST HUMANSSSSS