Chapter Six

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable ) ✝︎ ─── 06.
TS-19.

     MELODY BROKE off from the rest of the group to look around the building, crossbow aimed and ready to fire at whoever was hiding in the building. She kept her steps light as to not alert anyone that she was near. After doing a circle around the place, Melody jumped when she seen Rick. She lowered her crossbow, a frown on her face.

"Come on," Rick gestured his head to the elevator where everyone was waiting for them. Melody took the arrow out of her crossbow, putting it back in the quiver that was strapped over her shoulder.

Stepping into the elevator, she moved to the back near Glenn and Daryl, head resting against the metal behind her. Her eyes land on the unfamiliar man, glancing over at her dad who shrugged his shoulders.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked the doctor with an accusatory tone laced in his words. The doctor glanced over his shoulder at him.

"There were plenty left laying around," The doctor replies. "I familiarised myself, but you look harmless enough. Expect you," He smiles down at Carl. "I'll have to keep my eye on you," Carl smiles up at the doctor at his teasing.

Melody's fingers brushed against the bracelet on her wrist, eyes darting down to the small silver jewellery. She felt her dad look at her the moment she touched the bracelet, moving her head from leaning against the wall behind her to his shoulder. She glances over at Rick who was looking at the doctor, waiting for him to do something violent.

As the elevator doors open and everyone began to follow after the doctor, Melody pulled Rick back. Rick looked at her in confusion, a frown etched on his face.

"Say the word and I'll kill him," Melody uttered to Rick, eyes darting over to the doctor. Rick sent her a look which made her shrug her shoulders before she caught up with her dad.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked the doctor as the group continued walking down the hallway. The doctor looked over his shoulder at her.

"Are you claustrophobic?" The doctor questioned back.

"A little," Carol replied with a hesitant nod.

"Try not to think about it," The doctor told her. They make their way into a large room, all of the lights were off, somewhat blocking their view of what was inside. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room."

The sound of the lights turning on and the large circle lights turning on made Melody look around the room, scanning every single corner for any sign of another person.