Chapter One

Aster Potter hated Kleenex. Or Clorox. Or hell, any cleaning supplies. He swore that when he and Harry escaped, he'd hire a maid. The two boys were forced to clean the house of number 4, privet drive, by themselves-three bedrooms, countless cupboards to keep unwanted nephews, that stuff. He winced as he sat up. He wasn't sure, but his wrist had gone all funny...he hoped he hadn't broken it again.

        He sat up in the small space of the cupboard under the kitchen sink, where he was surrounded by cleaning supplies. The supplies (and some clothes) decorated the top shelf. Aster slept at the bottom, where there was just enough room for the boy to curl up into a tight knot. Placing his prized possession, a teddy bear that he'd had as far back as he could remember, onto the top shelf, he startled.

        "Get up boy! You're late, and it hasn't even begun!"

         That was the kind of logic his Uncle Vernon lived by. Aster and Harry's own parents had died in what Aunt Petunia said was a car crash, but Aster didn't believe her. He remembered everything; he didn't think anyone could forget watching your parents drop to the floor, one by one, with a crash of green light and a sickening crack

       A rap sounded on the door. With his luck, it'd be him next. Keeping that in mind, he crawled out of his cupboard to see Harry at the stove, Vernon angrily reading the newspaper (he didn't think it could've been possible to read angrily, but here he was.), and Aunt Petunia washing dishes above him. 

       She took a step away to let him through, and he hurried to the stove, taking over from Harry. "You need a haircut!" Vernon barked at Harry, and Aster resisted the urge to punch him. The guy could pack a good punch, Aster having been on the receiving end of it for far more than was healthy. Harry quietly began the dusting, and Aster quickly looked back at the pan.

    He let out a yell, seeing that the egg had somehow turned...green? Crikey. How was he to explain this to the family? He'd be dead...

——So, how was it? I can't be on for much longer (screen time) but I think this has some potential! Tell me when you think chapter 2 should be uploaded. So sorry that it's short, but screen time's the bane of my existence.